Help the Notes dummy. How does one do a note schedule beginning with a simple "1" for each floor's plan view?

GeneDavis

I feel like I'm on a merry go round and cannot get off.  I have two floors and a foundation done as a slab with stemwalls. 

Schedule numbers get generated in single digit format, but then I try notes on another floor and start getting X.Y format.  Do I have to first do floor-specific plan views to get this to work?

Not working.  I populated the 2nd floor plan with notes that rang up 1 through 7, went to the second floor plan, placed a note, and it numbered it 8 and put it in the schedule of second floor notes.

16 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Not working.  I populated the 2nd floor plan with notes that rang up 1 through 7, went to the second floor plan, placed a note, and it numbered it 8 and put it in the schedule of second floor notes.

Ran into this myself and I think you need to place another schedule on the second floor?

No, there's no way the note schedule begins afresh when I go to another floor.

Are all us users happy with this notes function?  Is there some easy way to do one schedule per plan view floor?

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

Is there some easy way to do one schedule per plan view floor?

That is the easy way. I do this all the time. One schedule per floor...only notes included from that floor. I'm doing it right now actually.

PM me with your plan file if you don't want to post it here and I'll show you what you can do specific to your project. And then I'll return your file.

I think I have it now.  The solution is to make sure the schedule dialog box is opened and to make sure the "Include options" is all set correctly so as to NOT include all floors and ONLY include the current floor, which Chief has set to the floor on which the schedule was generated to appear.