DIAGONAL SIDING?

kmccluskey

Try this - In your wall type definition for the dormer, you can specify a material of your choice for the interior walls. Specify vertical siding and then set it at a 45 degree angle.

I see that the fill area is the only area that allows to change the angle. I created a siding just for this wall so I wouldn't cause myself any issues. But I am not seeing how to change the angle of the actual siding. If you could elaborate, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

37 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

"Is 1970 angled cedar siding making a comeback?"

Bite your tongue.

I live in a neighborhood built in the early 1990's and some of these houses have it. Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all, this has helped out tremendously, now if I could only get my 3d view and the technical illustration to show the pattern the same way, on another project but used this to make the siding horizontal instead of vertical because the pattern and style was only vertical, but now when the elevation view or technical illustration view is brought up, it shows it in the original form as vertical. 

SNestor, thank you, that technique has got me to where I am now, to be able to have a nice horizontal siding when the original was a vertical siding to begin with, didn't have the horizontal option. So when I look at the house, the siding is exactly what I like, the problem comes with the technical view, When I put the camera into this view, the siding shows up vertical still. I have changed both the pattern and the texture and the only this this does is change the siding in the standard view, neither of these changes affect the technical view.

I may be doing something wrong, I won't rule that out. But attached is the views that I get. 

siding 2.png

siding.png

I might add, the original post was for another dormer project I was working on and I learned the above technique, but for this project when I applied it, I need actual elevation views and the siding needs to match the actual look I was going for.