cabinets have disappeared after a computer crash...X15 on Windows

DGail1

My co-worker is desperately re-drawing an entire project so I'm writing on her behalf to see if there's a solution.  Her system "crashed" and when she re-opened the drawing, the cabinets were gone.  Dimensions and notes are still there, but no cabinets.  I've tried everything I can think of to find a way to "get them back" but no luck so far.  It happened to me years ago in an older version, but I can't remember what I did to solve it.

Can anyone help?  She needs to have the drawings finished for a 9 am meeting tomorrow.

2 hours ago, DGail1 said:

Can anyone help?  She needs to have the drawings finished for a 9 am meeting tomorrow.

Check you don't have an Archived Autobackup available 1st......  someone had this issue Yesterday too....ie a corrupt Plan File so I won't type it up again, here is a link.....

Mick.

3 minutes ago, DGail1 said:

Already checked the archive, it wasn't there.  Thanks anyway!

You did Check that all that Cabinet Layers are displayed in the pertinent Layersets right? 

did you try the ALL ON Layerset?  are they gone for sure....... 

you could also upload the Plan on the Forum perhaps?

M.

yes, did that first.  Even checked to make sure she hadn't accidentally switched floors.  She's fairly new to this industry, so she's finding out that sometimes, sleep isn't an option.  I've also told her to make sure auto save is on in future...I'm thinking it hasn't been.

14 minutes ago, DGail1 said:

Already checked the archive, it wasn't there.  Thanks anyway!

I would also get your Co-Worker to Check the Preferences Settings for the Autobackup and Archives to make sure they are on , as they should be by Default....

image.thumb.png.546cc6c9f97aa8ccfb4635ac6726c0ba.png

13 hours ago, DGail1 said:

My co-worker is desperately re-drawing an entire project so I'm writing on her behalf to see if there's a solution.  Her system "crashed" and when she re-opened the drawing, the cabinets were gone.  Dimensions and notes are still there, but no cabinets.  I've tried everything I can think of to find a way to "get them back" but no luck so far.  It happened to me years ago in an older version, but I can't remember what I did to solve it.

I feel bad for your co-worker. That is all of our worst nightmares, especially with no I.T. dept when you are self employed.

15 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

image.thumb.png.546cc6c9f97aa8ccfb4635ac6726c0ba.png

Just tossing 2 cents into the pool here but "Hourly" is a very aggressive auto archive, and I think for a lot of people probably unnecessary.

Auto Save is the thing that'll probably save you in instances like this where the system crashes. It's default is 5 min which is probably fine for most people, no harm in decreasing it though.

But Auto Archive is just a duplicate archival save of the file that the program makes every time you hit the Save button. Setting it to Hourly means you'll get a new duplicate save for *every hour* you've worked on the plan. If you have a ton of hard drive space then no biggie, but I think most people are fine with just a daily archive.

27 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Setting it to Hourly means you'll get a new duplicate save for *every hour* you've worked on the plan. If you have a ton of hard drive space then no biggie, but I think most people are fine with just a daily archive.

Not only that, but unless you have Maximum Files set to something crazy high (I use the default 14 which seems like pa-LEN-ty) you'll get bugged to manage the files all the time.

55 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Just tossing 2 cents into the pool here but "Hourly" is a very aggressive auto archive, and I think for a lot of people probably unnecessary.

Auto Save is the thing that'll probably save you in instances like this where the system crashes. It's default is 5 min which is probably fine for most people, no harm in decreasing it though.

But Auto Archive is just a duplicate archival save of the file that the program makes every time you hit the Save button. Setting it to Hourly means you'll get a new duplicate save for *every hour* you've worked on the plan. If you have a ton of hard drive space then no biggie, but I think most people are fine with just a daily archive.

That is from when I found out the Hard Way   AutoSave was not working for some reason  and also why I increased the Max. files to 30 and I am rarely "bugged" but then I do go in and have a manual Clean Out of the Archive folder every few months.

M.