CAD Pattern Question

JKEdmo

Good morning,

I am trying to use the CAD / Patterns / Create New Pattern tool in order to create a new grid pattern with fine dashed lines.

My goal:

a 12x12 grid of fine dashed hatch pattern to represent existing ceiling tile to be removed on a ceiling demolition plan.  (I have created polylines with fill hatch patterns to represent these dropped ceilings).

My problem:

Whenever I create the new pattern, the CAD linework reverts to by layer (continuous).  The desired fine dash linestyle does not "stick."  From what I can tell, the CAD pattern tool only allows continuous lines (grrr).  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks once again,

Jim

8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

It might be possible to find a cad fill pattern that works or make one but chief does not seem to have one.

Thank you.

CS, do you have any insight into why Chief won't allow creating a custom pattern with anything other than a continuous linetype?

Jim

2 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

CS, do you have any insight into why Chief won't allow creating a custom pattern with anything other than a continuous linetype?

Possibly just too many options and no specific requests.  Same problem with 2D Cad Blocks it seems.

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Possibly just too many options and no specific requests.  Same problem with 2D Cad Blocks it seems.

Ok, thanks for confirming.  I'll try to make a request / suggestion.

Jim

On 9/1/2023 at 6:24 AM, rlackore said:

You can create a Pattern by manually drawing the dashes with individual CAD lines

Thanks for the library Robert ....

but it seems chief has another 1/2 finished "new feature"  if it only allows solid line types ?   ( or is it a possible Hatch generation Issue?) 

M.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, rlackore said:

This is expected by now, isn't it? Most Chief "new features" seem to need more time in the oven.

True, however I find the half baked new features very helpful in spite of not being fully baked. The real problem it seems is that most seem to never finish being baked.