BUILD UP MOLDING

mtldesigns

I am trying to figure out how to build up (or stack up) molding.  Meaning, I want two or three moldings combined as one.  Mainly need for lintels, for windows and doors, since the dbx won't let you build them like you can in a room molding dbx.  

Will be suggesting this when I am done here.

I am certainly not a trim expert but it seems to work for me. Rooms allow multiple moldings and multiple profiles for each molding but a molding polyline also allows multiple profiles and then you can use multiple molding lines.  Not sure I understand what the issue is ?

image.thumb.png.05fd2353ebfcde9394c7e1b860e7c51a.png

15 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

I am trying to figure out how to build up (or stack up) molding.  Meaning, I want two or three moldings combined as one.  Mainly need for lintels, for windows and doors, since the dbx won't let you build them like you can in a room molding dbx.  

Rpadge's method works. Another workaround is to place a temporary object that supports "Make Stack" in the dialog, such as a cabinet or a molding polyline. Add the moldings you would like, select them both (Ctrl + Click), and click "Make Stack". You can add that to the library and then use it for your windows and doors.

17 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Made you a quick video showing you how easy this is;

CA15 - Creating a Custom Stacked Molding - Watch Video

43da1b03cc104b7a82acd256de82c5c6-with-play.gif

• Like 1

Thank you all..  Had a storm roll through and had no power for a bit today, is why I am replying so late.  I think underground lines in my subdivision must be water logged because for some reason this year the power shuts off even during a mild shower.. at least it seams that way.

22 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Not sure I understand what the issue is

I can do that Chop, I was asking in particular for when I am in a door or window dbx.. 

6 hours ago, SNestor said:

Made you a quick video showing you how easy this is

21 hours ago, Rpadge said:

profiles in a cad detail

I know how to do this, but your answer Robert and that vid you made Steve, cleared some things up, PLUS it will aide to others.  I blame the heat for not being clear in my OP.  What I was trying to ask or maybe wonder for a future suggestion if it was possible to have the door and window specification dbx have the options to add-change or delete and stack molding.  Without having to create a saved profile or 4 piece stack molding part like Steve showed.  We can do this in the room specifications under molding tab, is why I ask.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 213146.png