How do I make an angled half wall under stairs?

Brandon_1311

Wondering if anybody is able to tell me how to do this... I am trying to create a room under the stairs, and I would like to have an angled wall under the stairs to close it in. I want the bottom of the wall to follow along the stairs, but can't seem to get it? I created a wall along here, but have no options that I can see to make it follow the stairs. I can make it follow the stairs on the top side, like a railing, but cannot figure out how to do it below. 

Any ideas??

I am using Home designer pro 2019 (Build: 20.3.0.54x64)

Thanks to anyone with some ideas on this!

Screenshot 2023-08-11 084938.png

2 hours ago, Brandon_1311 said:

Wondering if anybody is able to tell me how to do this... I am trying to create a room under the stairs, and I would like to have an angled wall under the stairs to close it in. I want the bottom of the wall to follow along the stairs, but can't seem to get it? I created a wall along here, but have no options that I can see to make it follow the stairs. I can make it follow the stairs on the top side, like a railing, but cannot figure out how to do it below. 

Any ideas??

I am using Home designer pro 2019 (Build: 20.3.0.54x64)

Thanks to anyone with some ideas on this!

Screenshot 2023-08-11 084938.png

Put a typical wall in and the put in a doorway or window no sash the shape of the opening (angled top)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 2:04 PM, dshall said:

Put a typical wall in and the put in a doorway or window no sash the shape of the opening (angled top)

I have a similar problem. When I place a doorway, how do I make the the top of the door follow the stringer? My doorway, and window, are square across the top.

thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.a39b0318efcba514152b7afa8eab158a.png

1 hour ago, Randino said:

I have a similar problem. When I place a doorway, how do I make the the top of the door follow the stringer? My doorway, and window, are square across the top.

thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.a39b0318efcba514152b7afa8eab158a.png

My mistake.....  do not use a doorway....  use a pass thru window....  I believe I have requested the ability to shape a door.....

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 7.41.57 AM.png

I created an Cross Section/Elevation

Drew a polyline on the wal

Snapped top two corners of the polyline to the stinger.

grabed bottom edg of wall and drugged it up close to the top of the poly line

Then used the parallel tool.

image.thumb.png.2fc71e877ec5f7a73ab91615826f8dee.png