HELP!!! Custom Cabinet Schedule

RobUSMC

Can someone help me creating a custom cabinet schedule like the sample Excel spreadsheet attached that can become a default template to use on all projects. Im still in X-14 as I have not had time to switch over to X-15 yet and learn all the changes.  I would like it to auto populate some items such as cabinet type, dimensions WDH, room or whatever else that can be done easily. If I can open the cabinets dbx Object Information page, if I had areas to enter text for each column, I can manually enter the Cabinet #, Wall, CWP Code, Qty, and Modifications / Accessories, Other Notes so it ends up looking like the Excel  sample schedule attached. I don't want to have to go to multiple screens to get everything entered. I don't mind paying someone that can help me asap (This AM) as I have to get several cabinet orders in by tomorrow. I don't know if this is a simple or drawn out process.  I'm trying to not have to enter the cabinet spec text under each cabinet in elevation view. (See attached)  Ill be out of the office from 8:20 am - 10am CST then back for the rest of the day. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Cabinet Elevation View.jpg

CA Cabinet Schedule.jpg

Sample Cabinet Schedule.jpg

Object Info.jpg

17 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Just add the custom fields.  Then when you've selected the desired cabinets you can enter the text you want in the correct custom fields to show up in the Schedule.

Just to add you can use macros in those custom fields to report info directly as well.  Sounds like you would really benefit from using @Renerabbitt's template plan He has a pretty comprehensive schedule system with lots of information that would be automatic for what you need here.

Most of the information you are showing is stuff that Chief will already do for you automatically, so you don't really need to create custom object fields for them.

Chief will already do the Cabinet #, Room, Quantity, Width, Depth, Height, and Notes automatically.  Keep in mind that you can always rename the column titles to what ever you want.

For the CWP Code column, I would just use the "code" data and rename the schedule column.  You will also need to enter this code for all of your cabinets.

For the Modifications/Accessories column, I would probably just use "comments" data and rename the schedule column.

If you are ok with the "description" that Chief already uses then you don't need a custom field for the "Cabinet Type".  If not, then you can use a custom field called "Cabinet Type" and then you would need to type this in for every cabinet.  Once you have created the custom field, it should automatically show up as a column that you can add to your schedule.  Once you have filled in something for the custom field for a cabinet, then it should automatically show up in the schedule (just like it will when you type in notes or description).

So the only other custom field you will need is the "Wall".  Again, you would just create the custom field, type the name of the wall into the field for the cabinet, and then when you add the column to your schedule it should just show up.

Once you get this setup, it's all pretty easy to use.  It's only confusing to setup the first time you need to.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for not knowing schedules very well.  Once these custom fields are made or columns renamed. Where are these custom field text boxes located to enter the information?  I've added these fields but there are no new fields / text boxes or whatever you wish to call them in the cabinet dbx Object information.  I think I may be lost.  Again sorry for the trouble.

Object  Info.jpg

CA Cabinet Schedule Catgories.jpg

When you select a cabinet or multiple cabinets:

• open for edit
  • highlite the custom field in the Object Information Panel
  • enter your text in the panel to the right.  (or if you have a predefined text macro for that test you can just put the macro there)

Go back and reread my post above.  You don't need all of those custom fields.  All you are going to do is create more work for yourself.

For example, you don't need to add a custom field for "Room".  Get rid of it.  Just add the built in schedule column for "Room Name".  If you don't want it to say "Room Name" as the column title, then you can just rename it in the schedule to say "Room".

You will still need some custom fields and to add info to them, just do what Joe says above.

Thank you very much.  I looks like in the cabinet schedule it is including the 1.5" countertop thickness on top of the 34.5" actual cabinet height. Is there a way to have it ignore the countertop without deleting the top so it shows the 34.5" cabinet box height versus 36"? 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, JRANGUETTE said:

Renerabbitt,

How did you add drawer/door dimensions & opening dimensions to your pictured schedule.

this is all within my pro plan template which I sell. It does auto labeling of the box itself and also does the schedule detail.
Utilizes some macros that I created. It integrates with the Kitchen Tools that I sell as well.
Someone here might offer up their own code for that for free if you post it in a thread :)

• Like 1