Will terrain copy from one file and paste into another? Not working for me.

GeneDavis

I made the mistake of starting a new job using the wrong template file, got way into it with the modeling, i.e. building, and realized I was missing a lot of things I wanted.  So I did an edit all area all floors and copied the plan, then pasted it into my preferred template file.

The terrain and elevation data did not copy in.

What am I missing?

37 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I made the mistake of starting a new job using the wrong template file, got way into it with the modeling, i.e. building, and realized I was missing a lot of things I wanted.  So I did an edit all area all floors and copied the plan, then pasted it into my preferred template file.

The terrain and elevation data did not copy in.

What am I missing?

It will come over as a polyline you can then convert to a terrain perimeter.

• 2 months later...

This is helpful thanks!

Once you copy/paste your terrain and reassign it to the terrain perimeter, how to you place the house plan on top (change the elevation to match) the terrain elevation?  When I slide the terrain under my house plan, it cuts the house at the wrong elevation.

12 minutes ago, onfire2000 said:

Once you copy/paste your terrain and reassign it to the terrain perimeter, how to you place the house plan on top (change the elevation to match) the terrain elevation?  When I slide the terrain under my house plan, it cuts the house at the wrong elevation.

There is a setting in the Terrain Specifications  that moves the terrain relative to the subfloor height that will move the entire terrain.  However if you are doing an actual terrain I like to set that at 0" and make all the terrain settings relative to the subfloor level.