Is There A Way to Get Layout Sheet 0 Defaults to 'Front' of Succeeding Layout Pages?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

I need to mask some information on existing PDF files with an overlay of more relevant information. I can create individual masks for each PDF page but would like to have the default page 0 move to the top/front of each layout page masking the underlying info. Is there a way to do this?

14 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Larry,

I'm assuming you want to have some text over-writing an area of the PDF. 

If that's the case, just use a text block with a white fill.  That's how I do it.

Easy enough Joe but I'd like to avoid having to do this on each page and have the page 0 masks overlay front/top each PDF on each page in the layout.

5 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

I'd like to avoid having to do this on each page and have the page 0 masks overlay front/top each PDF on each page in the layout

I don't think there's any way to do that automatically. 

I'm assuming you would have different PDFs on different pages at different locations on the pages.  A mask on a default page would always be at a specific location, not relative to the PDFs.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Put your mask on page 0 and use the drawing order tool to move it closer to the front than the default drawing order of 21.

32 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Put your mask on page 0 and use the drawing order tool to move it closer to the front than the default drawing order of 21.

Thanks Robert, I took each element on page 0 and set it to layer 20. Seems to be working.

7 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I don't think there's any way to do that automatically. 

I'm assuming you would have different PDFs on different pages at different locations on the pages.  A mask on a default page would always be at a specific location, not relative to the PDFs.

Thanks Joe, in this case it's a title block that is on each page in the same location. Reordering each item on page 0 seems to be working.

thanks

Larry,

Is this a Client Logo & Title Block?  

If so, for different Clients - just relink the PDF on page 0 (default template page)

Also note you can have different templates specified for different pages in the Layout so the PDF could be different for those pages.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Larry,

Is this a Client Logo & Title Block?  

If so, for different Clients - just relink the PDF on page 0 (default template page)

Also note you can have different templates specified for different pages in the Layout so the PDF could be different for those pages.

Thanks Joe, it's a prepared PDF file with title block that I need to replace/cover over and thanks for the reminder about using different Layout templates as that will be used later on.

4 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

I have three or four builders who I keep their information dragged off the plan to the right in the gray space on page 0. I don’t know if that works for you.

Thanks, but all the information is intact in a prepared PDF file so the title block can't be dragged off the page.

28 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks, but all the information is intact in a prepared PDF file so the title block can't be dragged off the page.

Can you convert the PDF to DWG , this can be done if the PDF is not an "image" , and then import it as a dwg instead which should give you more control over elements.

M.

• Upvote 1

If it’s a PDF, can you grab the grip on the side and drag it in the direction of the PDF so that it covers the part you don’t want seen.

You know how if you grab the diagonal grip it scales the image or PDF, but if you grab the Edge grips you can actually visually crop, non-destructively. 

On 7/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, para-CAD said:

If it’s a PDF, can you grab the grip on the side and drag it in the direction of the PDF so that it covers the part you don’t want seen.

You know how if you grab the diagonal grip it scales the image or PDF, but if you grab the Edge grips you can actually visually crop, non-destructively. 

THANKS forgot about that!!