Elevation Layout - Rendering Techniques

GMcGee

I've inadvertently deleted an elevation camera that matches the remaining three exterior elevations in terms of how it's rendered. 

The render technique "Vector View" is selected in the Tool Palette for 3 elevations and is the look I need for the sheet layout:

414990033_VECTORVIEW.thumb.JPG.279769b9be16d75ef23dd4f580929513.JPG

This is what the problem elevation looks like with Vector View selected: 

182093449_SIDE_VECTORVIEW.thumb.JPG.e1f138e17044654926bd4f4db18c976c.JPG

Technical Illustration seems to be a better match but when placed on the layout it still doesn't match the other 3 elevations:

921375951_SHEETLAYOUT.thumb.JPG.e24a2caff812874e16a437ea78770283.JPG

Suggestion for lost camera...

Go to Manage Auto archives.

Open the archived plan file where that camera existed and see if it can be copied.

Paste it back into the plan.

Observations and agree with Tea Time: 

1st image appears to plot lines. 

2nd images looks like a plot line w/ colors except that it's not. It was sent to layout as an image file or live view 

3d image... hard to tell what's going on there. More live views. 

Right click on the viewport and see what's up with the way the elevation was sent to the layout.

If plot lines aren't checked, then it's an image.

By simply checking the plot line option, the camera will start drawing lines which is presumably what the goal is. 

BTW... as a general observation, the Shadows tools in Chief are amazing.

Why not have them show in 2D vector view? Just saying. They take the work to the next level so to speak. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Hip shot guess: Open the Spec on that new elevation, I'll bet it's a Live View while the others are Plot Lines.

New to Cheif and I apologize for the ignorance. Which specs do I open to select Plot Lines? I don't see Live View or Plot Lines listed in the Rendering Techniques Options. 

1 minute ago, GMcGee said:

New to Cheif and I apologize for the ignorance. Which specs do I open to select Plot Lines? I don't see Live View or Plot Lines listed in the Rendering Techniques Options. 

No worries -- its not a technique option, on the Layout, click to select the Elevation and hit Open Object.

It's an option for the Send to Layout process, not the View itself.

You can tell if a view is a "live view" or a "plot line view" (or even if it is something else like a cad detail) by selecting it in layout and using "open object".  You can also switch it from a live view to plot lines without having to resend it.

Any view on layout can be set to Plot lines in case it were inadvertently sent as an image on the first trip.

Clicking on the view port will allow the distinction to be made. 

If it's an image, the option to go as "line drawings" is available under the Plot line tab, and the viewport will "draw" lines. image.thumb.png.83e79be42c9c8472da28beefd5ab3c2a.png

• Like 1