ADDING TREY EXTENDS CEILING PAST ROOF PLANE

mtldesigns

I have a two story with a open below room (with a shed roof on that side).  OK, when I do not have a trey ceiling on this second floor (as shown on cross section 1 attachment), the ceiling line is as it should be.  But once I add a trey ceiling on the second floor, the ceiling plane extends out (as shown on cross section 2 attachment).  You can see the dashed lines out and over the open below room on the attached plan. 

I created a test plan and the issue duplicates.  Any ideas?  I unchecked "no locate" on the railing walls.  

Def. Stumped here..

cross section 1.jpg

cross section 2.jpg

ceiling plane.jpg

TEST.plan

I had a quick play and I don't think it is you, send it in so they can work out why if the one roof plane  is below the room Ceiling height (Plate height)

the ceiling plane doesn't recognize the Roof plane, it's still looking for the full height exterior wall is my guess.

Also as seen in your CS , the Tray is not set to recess into ceiling hence it drops the whole ceiling down 12" ...that doesn't fix this issue though. 

Too late to play anymore ....

M.

I was having this problem with a test model recently.

I have an invisible wall between a living room and kitchen and when I installed a trey ceiling it changes the  ceiling in both rooms.

Note the pink ceiling plane is in both rooms. I tried different wall types and settings with no luck.

So I found the solution playing with your test plan, if you explode the tray ceiling and pull back the ceiling perimeter to the ceiling break line it works as expected.

test-ceiling-tray-floorplan.jpg

test-ceiling-tray-section.jpg

test-ceiling-tray.jpg

TEST-ceiling-tray.plan

3 hours ago, glennw said:

Is the tray configured as you want it?

Nah, it was supposed to be recessed into the ceiling, just forgot to do this on the test plan.  But MIck said it didn't make a difference anyways.  

3 hours ago, glennw said:

Changing the central railing to a wall seems to do the trick

I didn't get this when I tried on my main plan, but that won't work anyways, needs to be a railing.

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

send it in so they can work out why if the one roof plane

Thanks, I was going to myself, but figured I was missing something because of the late hour.  Thanks for validating my issues gents!

7 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Room divider with rooms no  flat ceiling above works

I tried this too, made the room divider, unchecked "no locate", wall, and modeled a ceiling plane.  Was that how you got it to work?  Only thing I could think of to do..