Delete My Columns Speed

Gawdzira

Working in X7 and seeing the same slow down issues that others are seeing. I just reopened the attached plans. I am making some design development refinements and so I first opened the plan "PB Bath A". I went to delete the columns that are at the interior of the space:post-170-0-31123000-1423237047_thumb.jpg

The first time I tried this it took about 5 seconds after hitting delete to be able to move to the next task. Not the typical time frame in the past for deleting a pretty simple item. I did this for about 4 columns and thought that maybe it was due to the boolean shape I created by building the bath tub. There are a lot of faces there and I noticed some slow down after creating that item.

Next I deleted the bath tub shapes and then deleted columns without any time lag. So I reopened the original file where I had the time lag and copied the columns back in to the no bath file to see if there were delays in deleting the columns now. No delay.

Just for fun I hit delete again on the original file columns. No time delay.

Is this some sort of Non Darwinistic Law of Random Selection?

Please try and delete my columns in the PB Bath A and see if you get a delay.

PB Bath A working delete column test.zip

Is this some sort of Non Darwinistic Law of Random Selection?

Please try and delete my columns in the PB Bath A and see if you get a delay.........

I am not sure if this is related to the Non Darwinistic Laws of Natural Selection or not.......  I will do some research and get back to you......  but no delay on my end.

However I am not surprised you had a delay.....  my delays are random.....  sometimes there is a long lag editing and sometimes not.....  and in the same plan.....  have not figured out what is triggering the delays.

EDIT:  my deletion of column was not instantaneous,  maybe 1/10 second....  almost imperceptible delay,  but a delay.

Removed columns and no change, its all slow to me, both plans. For me, there is something internal slowing X7, hope they fix it with final release.

I guess they made Apple good but messed up windows. :)

That is interesting that you see the same slow down that Mumbles sees,  I did not see it in this particular case on my MAC.  

This  should be good feedback for Brian,  Alan,  I hope you send your plan into Brian,  thanks.

Alan,

Did you send this in? I don't see it in our database yet, but I don't want to add a duplicate if you already sent a report in on it.

This is very weird.

Open plan. Move anything and I get about a 3 second delay.

Switch to all on set.

Switch back to floor plan set.

Move anything and it is fast less than 1 second.

I then saved a copy of the plan, closed it and reopened it and it remains fast.

Ok here is a short video showing the difference between X6 and X7 for me. All plans are the same so I don't think it's anything in the plan.

http://screencast.com/t/S1TJHBBgh

I got between 4.9 and 5.1 seconds with X6 in your first camera view example and about 5.1 - 5.3 seconds in X7. Couldn't find an appreciable difference when I was using a stop watch - just sayin'. The save delay and camera view delete delay are a niggling pain that I feel with every plan. Ugh. ..and I agree that the difference is noticeable and just drags on the creative juices when using X7.

Larry, with your Xeon 6 core it should be faster than mine, we also have the same video card. I still say there is something wrong in River City.

I was timing your video, not my system, and it seemed you may have counted a little more quickly in the X7 version of the camera shot - but the rest of the slow downs? Not cool for the users or the programmers. But either way I'm with you, there's trouble in River city, and those little delays really add up and X7 just feels 'sluggish' overall compared to X6.

Did you try emptying the temp cache folder? (type %temp% in the windows search bar and delete everything that's not being used 'skip' the stuff that is) Made a difference in my system - until CA then created huge temp files and the slow downs returned. Tech is on it I'm sure and I hope X7 returned with X6's speed.