Some 'australian' Posted A Video On How To Draw Spiral Stairs.

HumbleChief

Glenn,

Yes, it can be done and Yusuf showed us how to get a curved handrail - but both are extra work.

You can control the Top and Bottom of the Stringer but not the width.  Sometimes I want a thin (1/4"-1'2" metal) closed stringer at the outside edge of the spiral.

Opening - No Material is a possible solution but might be a problem if I want a Stringer on one side only.

CA could do this with some changes to the current Stairs Tool.

Joe what does it mean opening no material? I couldn't figure out how to make the curved threads automatically.

But I have used the landing to create the curved thread which I think it easy control and get any shape one may want.

The railings are created as we have seen in my second video last and hope this could work until ca fixes, of course there are a lot of things they could fix in side the current program status.

post-2517-0-27974700-1423008866_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-83758500-1423009189_thumb.jpg

Yusuf,

The curved treads are created by using the Room Definition (invisible) wall to draw a circular room around the stairs with "Winders" checked.

The same material can be used to make a curved ramp invisible and only leave the curved rail for use on the spiral stair.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...