Print View Crawling!

Rashid_Garuba

I can understand that you may print from the plan file (as some do) but I never do that. I am always working with a layout file open that I am feeding images. That way, for plan views and elevation views, I will be printing at a known scale. I even will often include a graphic scale so that if someone does not print out at the correct size they have a scale for reference.

I am assuming the blue box you were referring to is the sheet size indicator in the plan file?

Yes, I send to layout early in the process. My first prints will be either the as built or very rough elevations that are used as the base for a lot of layers of trace paper. I need those at scale and the easiest way for me to track that is by sending to layout.

I have title blocks in my layout file for 8.5x11, 11x17 (both horizontal and vertical) and for 24x36. Once I am done with design development my layout boxes get rescaled and moved accordingly for the construction documents.

Moved the building into the blue box (print area based on drawing scale).. But more an art than science getting what you want in the print without the print getting clipped here or there..

Rashid,

I hope you didn't actually move the plan to fit into the blue box ( -the drawing sheet, which can be toggled on and off using Print Preview). 

Much easier to use Centre Sheet or manually drag the drawing sheet around the plan.