Spanish home...

sabine

Hi all, I am a DIY home owner. I have been using the chief architect software for many, many years for different DIY remodel projects. When I got the email upgrade offer to upgrade my suite 2020 I was enticed by the thumbnail of the 2023 version. It had a picture of a Spanish home, which conincidentally I am currently remodeling my spanish house and working on the exterior design. Now that I have downloaded the upgrade (architectrual 2023) I am honestly dispapointed as it does not seem any different than my suite 2020. I am unable to find any of the spanish architectural items (such as those in the picture) in the stock library or in the catalogs. Does anyone know where I find these? I am looking for the iron grates over the windows, the border around the arched opening ( I have tried to just apply a texture to the casing, it does not work), the iron balconey railing, round downspouts, etc.  What am I missing? I consider myself to be fairly proficient... but we don't know what we don't know! 

Thank you in advance! 

suite-348x492.png

You will likely need to ask that question on the Home Designer forum but I can tell you even the average user that has Premier would find it challenging to accurately include some of those details in a plan.  They are not standard library items by any means and definitely not 1 click.  If you search this forum a bit you will find discussions on most of the items you are asking about but some of the tools will be different in HD.

P.S.  The image you posted seems to be the actual house and not the HD model so you may need to curb your expectations a little bit.

image.thumb.png.291f1021c5e5636164fc933527cff0ca.png

Thank you...  Chopsaw, thanks for including the model image. Where the heck do I find the iron grates? I have looked everywhere. Maybe they were imported from sketchup or something... So far, the upgrade is not much different than what I already have... I also have not figured out how to import my custom library of textures... I have a pretty extensive collection on my 2020 program. 

49 minutes ago, sabine said:

Where the heck do I find the iron grates? I have looked everywhere. Maybe they were imported from sketchup or something... 

Most of that stuff is tediously hand built and if you are proficient in Sketchup may be a little easier to create and import and could allow more detail.  Personally I don't Sketchup and try to use Chief for as much as I possibly can to improve my skills.  You may find a few items posted on the forum that you could download that people have shared during discussions.

I know there are a few threads on those 3D Spanish roof tiles that Joe and I have posted a few things.  (If you have a decent video card that will handle high surface counts without bogging out)

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I know there are a few threads on those 3D Spanish roof tiles that Joe and I have posted a few things.  (If you have a decent video card that will handle high surface counts without bogging out)

I don't think they are 3D roof tiles

They look like the Red Barrel Roof Tile material from the Chief library.

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 12.58.31 pm.jpg

2 minutes ago, glennw said:

I don't think they are 3D roof tiles

They look like the Red Barrel Roof Tile material from the Chief library.

Yes you are correct but it is possible to make them look like the actual finished house like the OP posted.

Thanks guys. Yes, I used the stock red barrel on my model. It looks better than the spanish tile in the library/

I found the iron balconey railing... it was in a mediterran catalog download

I am going to see if I can fake the the grates using railings... we'll see