Camera Callout Tag (Re)location

JKEdmo

When space is tight I sometimes set my interior elevation tags outside of a room.

Is it possible to relocate the camera callouts in this way, but still have the cameras remain inside the room to generate the needed wall elevations?

Highlight below shows where I would relocate the tags for example.

Thanks,

Jim

image.thumb.png.eeb43ad2cfb6bb15563bd914dc6c1248.png

53 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Is it possible to relocate the camera callouts in this way,

Short Answer...No. The callout is the camera. However you can place an actual callout and link it to the camera view. This will require some customization of layers and their display.

In other words, you'll need to place the camera for which you'd like a substituted callout on a separate layer that won't display in plan view.

That's an interesting question.

The camera arrow will not be pointing at the wall. Would you use an arrow line from the callout to show where it is actually pointing?

The way to do it would be...

1. Create a separate layer for the callouts, like "Camera- Bathroom" and put them on it. (Leave the callouts in place.)

2. Turn this layer off in the current view you are using. 

3. Turn this layer on in an unused layer set. 

4. Send this from the unused layer to the layout, crop it and place anywhere you'd like over this current view. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Sounds like the workaround is to put the cameras on a layer that can be turned off.  The callouts can be "dumb" and graphical only.

Maybe I'll suggest this to Chief as a possible feature.  Seems like a relocated callout could have a reference leader / anchor back to it's actual location in the room.  Maybe this reference leader appears when you click on the callout.

Jim

Thanks to all for the workarounds.

I sent a feature request to Chief for their consideration.  Maybe there are good technical reasons for the current way it works.  Seems to me though that the ability to relocate the graphical tag from the camera might be a nice ease of use addition.

Jim

• Upvote 1