Glitch?

winterdd

I have homes from time to time that want to build wall framing for a non existing wall. Is this a glitch? I checked for invisible walls and there is none. I rebuild the wall framing and it goes away, a little later it comes back and I repeat the process.

image.thumb.png.8a9bbe935be9581c38693c0d4a0c1685.png

I rebuild the wall framing and it goes away, a little later it comes back...

That sure sounds like a glitch to me. Of course it all depends on what you did during that "little time" before it showed up again.

Normally, problems like this happen when you do not rebuild the framing after making changes to the model.  This leaves the old framing around which can be completely wrong.  The obvious solution is to just rebuild the framing for what ever was changed. You could also turn on auto rebuild framing but I find that this can cause slow downs.

I'm with Glenn on this, you should post a plan if you want anything other than a generic answer.

10 hours ago, DBCooper said:

That sure sounds like a glitch to me. Of course it all depends on what you did during that "little time" before it showed up again.

Normally, problems like this happen when you do not rebuild the framing after making changes to the model.  This leaves the old framing around which can be completely wrong.  The obvious solution is to just rebuild the framing for what ever was changed. You could also turn on auto rebuild framing but I find that this can cause slow downs.

I'm with Glenn on this, you should post a plan if you want anything other than a generic answer.

This happens when a client makes constant changes for two months on the home. How do we upload large files again?

7 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Don't see the issue...

image.thumb.png.b5f9eb76aa342eff89cf6a4439344a25.png

This picture is with all layers on (BTW your All layers on layer set does not have all layers selected to display but this picture does.)... Can you re upload the plan with a saved camera view where you see the issue?

10 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Don't see the issue...

image.thumb.png.b5f9eb76aa342eff89cf6a4439344a25.png

This picture is with all layers on (BTW your All layers on layer set does not have all layers selected to display but this picture does.)... Can you re upload the plan with a saved camera view where you see the issue?

I did make some roof and wall changes today. I wonder if it was occurring because of bad connections somewhere.

Hey Big Rob.  I feel your pain.  

I had a client (my best man - so I made it a free job) make so many changes that I went through the alphabet in revision letters and was climbing to revAK (over 35 revisions)

Chief started getting really unpredictable.  Windows would be gone, roof planes would disconnect...........I had to finally stop.  I sent him the exported DWG files and he finished it.

721070000_CleanShot2022-08-31at09_21_41.thumb.png.04781d68e92c7cba481b78ea1dbd7805.png

546104428_CleanShot2022-08-31at09_22_13.thumb.png.e23cc17cb4ae298c5177d8f85356bce7.png

35 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I did make some roof and wall changes today. I wonder if it was occurring because of bad connections somewhere.

My best guess after looking at the photo above is that it was some attic walls of something that was over there.  Whether it was from a previous house that you had drawn there and deleted the main walls and then did save as method or something you drew over there and then moved or deleted.  Probably your changes forced Chief to redo the attic walls and recognized there was nothing there to build auto attic walls for.

But again just a guess based on the picture.

2 minutes ago, rgardner said:

My best guess after looking at the photo above is that it was some attic walls

That's what I would have suggested as well. Attic walls don't always rebuild perfectly especially if they have been moved.