Simpson hangers for joist

globalhome

Does CA or anymore know how to insert Simpson joist hanger on floor or ceiling joist, so also goes with hurricane straps for rafters. I was able to work on this manually (see attached) and it took a lil bit time to get the hangers in place on all floor joist. It will be great if this can be achieved in framing default setting so that the joist hangers will automatically be place in auto framing. Any suggestion will be appreciated956030150_Joisthanger.png.aacb751c6ecd51a2fbdeaebafafeed8d.png

Thanks for the quick response. I do insert joist hangers on most of my design for the sake of presenting a 3D framing view to my clients. It might not be necessary to professionals like us who are deep in the trade, but to an average Larry-Home_owner, it gives them the vision or rather an idea of what is holding the structure together.

3D hanger.png

FWIW, it appears as though you have the wrong hangers shown for 2x10 joists. As for placing them efficiently...practice. There are ways to do it quickly. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute for a typical rectangular deck, and only slightly longer for a relatively complex i-joist floor with a stairwell.

Another option...don't put them each model but instead develop stock details that can be included in a plan set. Or just use Simpsons details / illustrations.

i'm old fashioned.

2D CAD on structural plans.

2D CAD details for most, 3D for anything out of ordinary.

If somebody's gonna DIY a housebuilding project, structural hardware's just one of several dozen things he's gonna need to learn about.  Manufacturer installation instructions are where that detail resides.

i don't want to bog down a house model with thousands of unnecessary surfaces.

• Like 1