Roof Planes

BruceKC

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Is there a keyboard or macro shortcut for toggling roof planes on or off?  Is there a way to see what the actual commands are in windows?  I know how to turn them on or off in layer display options, just wanting to write a keyboard macro to do it for me in one click. 

I think the easiest way is to use the Active Layer Display Options and leave it open. 

Or, Layer Hider? One keyboard shortcut (mine is LH) and 1 mouse click. While this is a quick way to hide layers, I don't think there is an easy way to turn those layers back on apart from ALDO.

18 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

Is there a way to see what the actual commands are in windows?

I don't understand this question.

Thanks for your help.  I have a programmable keyboard that I can input windows commands which will be invaluable in Chief and Autocad, but I don't know what the actual windows command is in Chief for turning a layer on and off.  If I knew it, I could just program a key to to enter that command, so much quicker I think. 

12 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

Thanks for your help.  I have a programmable keyboard that I can input windows commands which will be invaluable in Chief and Autocad, but I don't know what the actual windows command is in Chief for turning a layer on and off.  If I knew it, I could just program a key to to enter that command, so much quicker I think. 

I wrote a macro for spanning SPV's and I have a working set-roofs off plan view.

Maybe that helps

• Solution
35 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

I don't know what the actual windows command is in Chief for turning a layer on and off.

There isn't one.  You need to use multiple commands (via hotkeys or mouse clicks).  You can either manually do these in sequence or record a macro and assign it to a hotkey.  There are multiple routes you could take, but I would probably suggest just assigning hotkeys and using those in the following sequence:

1. Layer Display Options hotkey
  2. Shift+Tab (should put you into the Name Filter field)
  3. Type out the words "roof planes" (should filter the list)
  4. Tab (should move to the selected layer)
  5. Spacebar (should highlight the layer if it isn't already)
  6. Tab, tab, tab, tab (should activate the Display checkbox)
  7. Spacebar (should toggle the Display setting)
  8. Enter (should close out the dialog)

2 hours ago, BruceKC said:

You can export a list of the "hotkeys" or edit and set your own.  Try a search for "HOTKEYS"

My thanks to everyone for your inisght and help.  Still pretty new to Chief but I love it.  We initially bought it to do 3D exterior renderings and we planned on keeping Autocad Architecture because we've used it for so many years. But the Chief software, the Chief community (you), and Chief support have been beyond our wildest dreams.  Thanks everyone!