Chairs On Top Of Dining Table

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Dennis_Gavin,

Placing a dining table (size requested by client) to give an idea of room/clearances. The table is from the CA library, I increased it's size via the dbx, added chairs by copy/paste. Interesting results, when I attempted to place the added chairs, I could only drag them under the table by a control drag, which appeared to place them on top of the table.

I opened each chair dbx and the floor to bottom was already set to zero. I did a section through the table and none of the offending chairs are above the table. Of course the client immediately recognized those chairs and questioned why I placed them on top of the table. It was a bit embarrassing to say the "soft ware" did it that way, or I don't know why.

I can't fix it however, as these are the only chairs doing it, and none of the others required a control drag to place them!?!?

I removed the offending chairs, and copied/pasted more to replace them, But again I could only slide them under the table via a controlled drag and again they appear to be on top of the table. Any ideas why?

Dining table.pdf

I run into this all the time. First open the symbol and check to see if the 2D cad block is checked to be transparent or not  post-76-0-87668700-1418661726_thumb.jpg. If it isn't then I've found that rather then "fight" CA I just make a filled rectangular polyline the size of the table top and then block it with the table so if I move the table the filled rectangle moves with it.

I moved table to front of group and it works for the table and chair I used.

Well, I had tried that earlier too, nothing changed, but I went back and made sure I had selected the table, opened the dbx to make sure all the settings were as I had previously set them, closed it, reselected the table o only and bang, it was correct this time!