Macro not working properly with leader.


Recommended Posts

I use a simple macro for commercial as-builts to describe room info for clients  (the ceiling height macro is from Joe):

 

%room.name%

%room.dimensions%

%room.ceiling.finish.name% @ %ceiling_Height_Label%±

%room.floor.finish.name% FLOORING

Since I started using X13, if the label does not fit, I use a leader line, it appears to gather the ceiling height info from the room the block is in rather than where it is pointing to.  I have been doing it this way for years.  The ceiling height is supposed to be 9', but it is getting its data from the room the block is in.

 

Hoping someone has a solution...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wjmdes said:

I use a simple macro for commercial as-builts to describe room info for clients  (the ceiling height macro is from Joe):

 

%room.name%

%room.dimensions%

%room.ceiling.finish.name% @ %ceiling_Height_Label%±

%room.floor.finish.name% FLOORING

Since I started using X13, if the label does not fit, I use a leader line, it appears to gather the ceiling height info from the room the block is in rather than where it is pointing to.  I have been doing it this way for years.  The ceiling height is supposed to be 9', but it is getting its data from the room the block is in.

 

Hoping someone has a solution...

 

How are you "snapping" the leader-line to the Room?

 

Does the Block need   UN-Blocking to work?

 

M.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, solver said:

Have you asked Joe?

Not yet...

 

X13 changed this behaviour so that is my first guess at the issue and will ask Joe if this does not provide me an answer to solve the issue.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wjmdes said:

Hoping someone has a solution..

 

Are you by any chance getting an  #Evaluation Error#  where you are expecting the formatted ceiling height ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, Dermot said:

As far as I can tell, the built in macros work just fine.  Probably best to talk with Joe about this.

 

Ugghhh.   I put up this post and did NOT add the image to show what it is doing.

 

1429284368_clghts.thumb.JPG.48af8af7d10d93197a1c1a41463cc0eb.JPG

 

The "room label" I created works when placed in the room.  When it is not in the room, it uses the ceiling height value from the room I have it located in.  I will ask Joe...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wjmdes said:

 

Ugghhh.   I put up this post and did NOT add the image to show what it is doing.

 

1429284368_clghts.thumb.JPG.48af8af7d10d93197a1c1a41463cc0eb.JPG

 

The "room label" I created works when placed in the room.  When it is not in the room, it uses the ceiling height value from the room I have it located in.  I will ask Joe...

 

 

AFAIK, the macros need to be a Referenced Object for arrows to work, not an Owner Object

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Are you sure the arrow is actually connected to your text box?

It is...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Is it a text box or a CAD Block?  If its a CAD Block, unblock it.

Not a cad block...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Not a cad block...

 

Okay.  Your statement was just a little confusing....

 

  

On 7/18/2021 at 1:13 PM, wjmdes said:

it is getting its data from the room the block is in.

 

Are you sure your arrow is set to Attach to Other Objects?

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, there are other things you can do as well such as connecting the leader to another object IN that room but it should actually work without doing that.  If I simply copy and paste the text from your original post into one of my plans and then connect that text box to a room with an arrow, I get the information for the neighboring room, not the room that the text box is sitting in.  Dermot showed the same thing in his example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If I simply copy and paste the text from your original post into one of my plans and then connect that text box to a room with an arrow, I get the information for the neighboring room, not the room that the text box is sitting in. 

 

There is another confusing statement.....   Maybe you have a magic copy and paste ?

 

Bill's posted example also pulls the data from the neighboring room.  The problem is Joe's %ceiling_Height_Label% macro does not work the way the global macro's do.  I did not see a copy of Joe's macro posted.

 

image.thumb.png.ecb9e5c7a04604d54f3cb2bca96c5b6a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

 

There is another confusing statement.....   Maybe you have a magic copy and paste ?

 

Bill's posted example also pulls the data from the neighboring room.  The problem is Joe's %ceiling_Height_Label% macro does not work the way the global macro's do.  I did not see a copy of Joe's macro posted.

 

image.thumb.png.ecb9e5c7a04604d54f3cb2bca96c5b6a.png


Oh, I see.  I must have misread the first time around.  I didn’t realize that it was only Joe’s macro.  That would obviously depend on how the macro was written.  I would try connecting it to another object in the neighboring room through.  Another blank text box might even do the trick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, Chopsaw said:

I did not see a copy of Joe's macro posted.

I posted a plan before for help and it had Joes macro in it and I was politely asked not to post his macros he sells by a third party.....

 

BTW, it was clear to me when I wrote it :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wjmdes said:
On 7/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, Chopsaw said:

I did not see a copy of Joe's macro posted.

I posted a plan before for help and it had Joes macro in it and I was politely asked not to post his macros he sells by a third party.....

 

Sorry I was not requesting that...   I know the rules.   It just seemed that Michael had a copy based on his comments that he later retracted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

    29809
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    WHDesigns
    Newest Member
    WHDesigns
    Joined