Setting Up Construction Docs / Placement

dnpayne

I'm ready to start getting the construction documents (standard blueprint layouts) setup for my plan. Whats the most efficient way to go about this? I'd like to get the position the same from page to page. Do I create a template?

Any help would be great. I haven't messed with generating these as of yet.

I'm ready to start getting the construction documents (standard blueprint layouts) setup for my plan. Whats the most efficient way to go about this? I'd like to get the position the same from page to page. Do I create a template?

Any help would be great. I haven't messed with generating these as of yet.

Because everything on layout page 0 will show on the rest of the pages 

(which is why your title block, project name etc are there), you can place

temporary markers that will show on the rest of the pages, (like a red arrow

to show where to drag the upper left corner of floor foundation etc plans).

Then all your plans will be at the exact same place on their pages.

You only need to delete them (the temp markers) when layout is ready.

In X6 each Layout box has an Annotation Set associated with it. If you want to locate boxes in the same location on each page you can copy and paste/hold position each layout box from page to page then change the associated Anno Set for each box. Select the Layout box and 'Open Object' (not double click) and you'll see the Anno Set(s) (and reference sets) you can associate with that box.

In addition to what Larry and Mike have mentioned, that method allows you to change floors as well, not just annosets. Makes it real easy to have the foundation, main floor and second floor (or whatever levels you have) all line up from page to page.