X13 Migration Question

HumbleChief

I was just noting that X13 is out of Beta and have a question that I think is an easy one. I earlier upgraded to X13 and migrated all of my templates libraries etc. but found a couple bugs in X13 and have not used it much but for one plan set. I have changed a couple of my working X12 templates in the meantime and don't really want to simply upgrade my current X13 install but rather delete the current install and re-install the newest version and migrate those altered templates etc. from X12 into the latest version. Should it be that simple? Or is there a landmine I could be missing?

It should be that simple but I think you need to hide your .ini file from chief in order for the migration options to come up again during the upgrade.

I think Dermot helped me out with that a few versions back and I will try to find the link for you.

So I just found out that X12 Templates are not compatible with X13. They need to be about to bring in defaults for the new features.

This X13 is a whole lot different than others. Chief just told me I cant even run it on my laptop and this is not a cheap laptop.