My files for a house plan are creating exceptionally large PDF files, 25MB or more. It makes them tough to email and share.

I know I can compress the file some in Acrobat but are there some settings I should look at in Chief to help with the problem.

Thanks - Joe

Not really unless you are happy with fuzzy drawings.  Usually the best way to share drawing files is to upload to your cloud account and share the link.  Sometimes you can e-mail when it is a smaller project which is nice.

• Upvote 1

When files get to be that big, I'll create a Zip file or just send it to my Dropbox.

Have you considered adjusting the DPI when you print to PDF? FWIW, I create a Dropbox folder for each project to transfer and share files, documents, etc.

print.thumb.JPG.a19fe2aaa64876a29183420197d18d30.JPG

That helps. I was saving the PDF's at 600 DPI. I printed a plan out at 600, 300, and 144. I can't tell the difference between them in terms of clarity.

Thanks - Joe

Make sure you zoom in on the file to comfirm the clarity. I have found hat 300 dpi is the minimum for clearly reading a PDF plan at close detail.

300 dpi is what I use for PDF's using Bullzip's PDF driver to print to. CA's built-in print driver works good, but increases the file size much more than other print drivers do.