Can a Material Be Nothing?

ClarkeThrasher

1 minute ago, SNestor said:

Scott - your post was right on...you are of course "the man". Hope you are doing well is sunny San Diego. Lock Down!

Most in San Diego County - and the rest of Sothern California - are just ignoring the Gov's "Lock Down / Stay at Home" order at this time.  Enough is Enough !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Most in San Diego County - and the rest of Sothern California - are just ignoring the Gov's "Lock Down / Stay at Home" order at this time.  Enough is Enough !!!

The biggest joke was the woman with the bar and outdoor eating....  they shut down her out door eating area.  The next day a movie studio set up a 75 seat eating are in the  same parking lot as hers to feed their movie crew.

Such a joke.  Lynn and I are committed to eating out as much as possible to support these restaurant owners.  They are getting shafted.

Such a *&*$^^&%* joke.

Check out the video

https://www.businessinsider.com/los-angeles-restaurant-owners-video-on-outdoor-dining-goes-viral-2020-12

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

most Law enforcement will not arrest anyone in violation

Scott I remember many years ago we could make our own invisible material that wouldn't show up in vector view but chief changed something along the way. we mainly used it for eaves when using sub-fascia to reduce the overhang size and wanted to see the rafter tails.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dshall said:

The biggest joke was the woman with the bar and outdoor eating....  they shut down her out door eating area.  The next day a movie studio set up a 75 seat eating are in the  same parking lot as hers to feed their movie crew.

Such a joke.  Lynn and I are committed to eating out as much as possible to support these restaurant owners.  They are getting shafted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/los-angeles-restaurant-owners-video-on-outdoor-dining-goes-viral-2020-12

I've seen that video...and it's disgusting. My heart went out to that young lady. Her entire fortune being destroyed by public policies that are so arbitrary and capricious. 

However, seems to me that Californians vote overwhelmingly for a certain elected/ruling class...and I'm really having a hard time having immense sympathy for some of these restaurant owners who most likely have pulled the "correct" lever that has placed these tyrants into office. 

I believe it's time for all of CA residents to vote a different way? You need some balance out there in the golden State...which used to be the "land of opportunity". Sadly...this seems no longer the case. (my apologies if this post is too political...I've tried to keep it non-partisan) 

45 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

most Law enforcement will not arrest anyone in violation

Scott I remember many years ago we could make our own invisible material that wouldn't show up in vector view but chief changed something along the way. we mainly used it for eaves when using sub-fascia to reduce the overhang size and wanted to see the rafter tails.

I remember that....  not sure what happened.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I remember many years ago we could make our own invisible material that wouldn't show up in vector view but chief changed something along the way. we mainly used it for eaves when using sub-fascia to reduce the overhang size and wanted to see the rafter tails.

I think the "Opening, No Material" works for those conditions.  It just doesn't seem to work for Door Panels.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Scott I remember many years ago we could make our own invisible material that wouldn't show up in vector view but chief changed something along the way.

16 minutes ago, dshall said:

I remember that....  not sure what happened.

12 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I think the "Opening, No Material" works for those conditions.

Joe is right.  Materials defined as a Gap Material Type still work for those conditions.  Basically, Gap Material Types work as desired in Finish Layers and Structural Layers of parametric objects, but not anywhere else.