ComputerMaster86

Framing, Truss - Editing 2D Outline / Profile

In Chief Architect we can open up a 2D Truss profile and edit it to our hearts content.  What I am trying to wrap my brain around, is why we don't get any corner point edit handles.  This is just one of those very minor things that completely baffles me.   Why allow us to edit the profile of a truss but, not give us any corner point edit handles.  :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.4f2821f6b2fb5b687a7400ea94152289.png

Just to be clear, what you're showing has nothing to do with the truss.  It's a limitation with framing members.  I do agree that it would be nice if we could edit framing members more freely though.  In the meantime we have to trim them with other framing members to get the desired shapes. 

I didn't realize they were technically framing members.  Thank you for pointing that out.

Was there a specific detail you needed to show Lance ?   If you really had to you could build a truss with polyline solids but with proper editing you can do almost anything you need to even though it could definitely be easier.

I am not needing to show a truss detail.  I was just playing around with roof trusses and seeing if I could model a real-world scenario.  This scenario is where some trusses have a truss tail on one side that is cut-off or-cut flush.  This may happen where a secondary roof section meets-up with a main roof section at 90 degrees.  In think I figured it out.  I edited the roof truss in plan view to achieve a truss tail on one end and no truss tail on the other end.

image.thumb.png.3f3218b6a8c345d5d628d22402eb724a.png

image.thumb.png.486d99d54dbb2b9c3317dd8d536305a9.png

Typically, I don't have a need to go to the trouble of generating 3D framing but, it does interest me.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:49 AM, ComputerMaster86 said:

Typically, I don't have a need to go to the trouble of generating 3D framing but, it does interest me.

Looks good.  Unfortunately it seems that framers are the ones that don't like to see the framing details but sometimes it does matter. ;)

It has to do with your roof plane and depth for truss to build with in program. We have energy heal settings too2020-11-21_12-15-42.thumb.jpg.b5c710228d992e038c13bc1c75e9e528.jpg

You can modify ends of framing2020-11-21_12-18-13.thumb.jpg.babd916dcd6c02ee99aa68ca53c125f6.jpg with a cad line and the extend tool

On 11/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, ShaneK said:

You can modify ends of framing with a cad line and the extend tool.

But unfortunately only at perfect 90° angles unless you use a copied or manually placed framing member.

image.thumb.png.b91a500a545584b1aee071699d974b3d.png