Locking Up

RobUSMC

Does anyone have the following issue???  I have a three monitor set up.  Anytime i am working on a plan on my main center monitor then have my library browser floating and have it appear on another screen the program immediately lock up.  This is with any plan.  Even a default template plan.  THe only way to get out is CNT / ALT / DELETE

(3) x 32" identical Benq's here and no issues , my ALDO and Library live on the outer screens.

Are all screens on DP cables ? or are you using HDMI?    mine are all DisplayPort , but have seen some weird things with people trying to use HDMI to say a big Screen TV.

M.

Do you have the same text scaling on all monitors and what is the resolution of each?

I was testing a six monitor setup recently, not for Chief, some other software I use but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't impact other software.  I found mixed text scaling settings caused serious issues with Chief and not just the usual blurry font issues on some monitors when using applications that don't support mixed DPI modes, just system wide life Chief.

Due to vision, I do have different resolutions on the monitors and also I have the icons and fonts on them at 125%.   I will change all back to the same exact settings and try again.   Thanks for the input.  It is strange the only time this happens is with the library browser on a different monitor.  DBX boxes does not cause it.  I can have for example a cabinet DBX open on a different monitor but when I go to change a material on a cabinet, as soon as the library opens, before even anything in the library becomes visible it locks.  A blank library browser screen with the spinning icon.   Prior to X12, I had no issues with any previous versions. I had a 27" monitor flanked by two 24" and I had the 27" increased to the 125% don't and icon size.  When I say the font and icon size, in referring to the default Windows setting and not the toolbar / font setting in Chief... It remains untouched.

I'll update after making the changes

Thanks

Just changed all three monitors to all the same recommended settings, after reboot tried again.  It's funny, no matter what symbol I open the very first time I open the library browser it works to select the first material.  When I go back to change the second material it locks.   I even went back to plans I did last year and the same happens.   

Followed all the troubleshooting items on that link and no help. I did go look at my designers PC which is not having any issues (and also has 3 monitors)  That machine X-12 version is 22.2.0.54x64  where my pc has 22.3.0.55x64.   I did the update last week about when this issue started for me.  Have no idea if this is related.

Spoke to tech support.   Hopefully issue was resolved.  Apparently Dell put out an update for all Alienware machines (Alienware Control)  They included a new audio component for gaming and that new component is what was causing the issue with CA.  Since I don't use the machine for gaming, I didn't care if we uninstalled it..  Once it was uninstalled, rebooted and all was back as before.  Ive tested it on several plans and have had no lock ups yet.