Hello everybody. I have recently made the jump from the Home Designer Pro series to Premier X12. I have a client that wants the windows to be labeled with letters instead of numbers. I have not seen a way to change that but am I missing something?

17 hours ago, HDbyJustin said:

labeled with letters instead of numbers

Depends on exactly what you need.

You can easily convert the schedule number, 2 in this case, to a letter, like B, using a macro for use in the label.

ct1.thumb.png.9182090d4fe9592d9f95c60210cf1d6a.png

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for the replies. It is a bit unusual. It is for a contractor that had a previous drafting firm handling drawings in AutoCad. They have come to me to not only maintain their standard plans, but to also make revisions for specific clients. I am just trying to match the previous drawings. 

1 minute ago, HDbyJustin said:

I am just trying to match the previous drawings. 

Maybe showing one of those previous drawings would help someone help you.

Not automated but you can open the Windows and specify the Label if needed

You could possibly Use the Note Schedule instead or in X12, we can now make a Custom Schedules too.

Mick.

For all their 3050 windows, place an A (AA being a twin 3050) and so on and so forth. So, when you open the window DBX, go to the label tab and replace what ever is in there with the corresponding letter.

15 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Either manual labeling or custom text macros if you want to automate it.  No magic button in Chief for that one though.  

Is that because it's too stupid to believe?

19 hours ago, HDbyJustin said:

I have attached a pdf of the plan they sent to me to review and match.

20200131_LIUM_Blount_Revised.pdf

It might take time, but you'll need to convince them there's a better way!;) Maybe play around with your ideal schedule and show them a sample. Hard to believe anyone could come up with a method to make such a simple plan that awkward. Somewhere, somebody is laughing their @$$ off at the poor buggers who have to flip all those pages for basic info.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, joey_martin said:

For all their 3050 windows, place an A (AA being a twin 3050) and so on and so forth. So, when you open the window DBX, go to the label tab and replace what ever is in there with the corresponding letter.

@HDbyJustin You'd want to build your own library of these types of windows (for this client) so you can just place them without ever having to open the dbx.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, robdyck said:

@HDbyJustin You'd want to build your own library of these types of windows (for this client) so you can just place them without ever having to open the dbx.

Great Idea Rob !  if the Client insists on that naming scheme for sure 

Edit each window label in the current plan to what they want , then open the Libary and make a New Folder for the Client ,and then save each window to the Library and move it to the New Folder for Reuse - you can even then make New Icons ( place library item Tool) and then a Special Toolbar just for this Client.

M.

• Upvote 1