Marketing Orthographic Using Cross Section Slider (How Can I Get My Image To Look Like This)

Charles

I have been tasked to produce an apartment orthographic view that is cut horizontally about 5' from the floor.

It works well with the cross section slider but the walls, doors and windows are all hollow and they need to be solid.

Any advise on how to achieve this..... (see image)

Thanks!

post-610-0-09675100-1412469702_thumb.jpg

Charles, the cross-section slider is going to leave hollow areas like you are seeing. You might try the doll house (floor overview); then, if you need, set the ceiling height to 5' - you can see the tradeoff in the attached image. (I suppose you could lower the height of windows and doors to get it exact)

You won't be able to use the slider with the floor overview, but you will have solids for doors/walls, etc. For water, use something like a polyline solid, set the elevation and paint it with water.

post-14-0-97924200-1412483336_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-47988100-1412483766_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone, great suggestions, but unfortunately I tried most of them an have not gotten good results.   (Scott, I will use your suggestion for the water)

Normally photo shopping would not be a big deal, but I have 6 apartment models to do and was hoping for something right out of Chief.

Charles,

-All doors must not have casings.

-place windows as you normally do. (you can make the sash and frames thinner like in your sample)

-after everything is in place go to Default Settings > Floor > make ceiling height to 78".

I can send you my template if you like.

post-121-0-43991200-1412794138_thumb.jpg

Yeah,  nice idea Jintu...... with two stories I assume you must think a little more..... 78" ceiling height was chosen to make the cut just below the 80" high header height........  not sure why we can't have door casings.......  to get a solid fill in the walls I assume you changed the studs to some kind of solid material,  i.e. concrete or something like that.