X11 Building Demonstration

HumbleChief

That was a pretty lame demonstration. 

I usually enjoy Chief's video demonstrations and watch all of them. Even though they’re intended for new users I always pick up a new trick or two. This one seemed rushed and sparse in content. 

17 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I usually enjoy Chief's video demonstrations and watch all of them. Even though they’re intended for new users....

Most likely the intended purpose but I too found nothing new and I always am able to find something. Hopefully it serves the purpose and new users can get a feel for how Chief works...

There’s a running joke in my house that if you need to fall asleep fast, put on a Chief Architect video. I’m not saying they are boring or slow. They are very informative. I just can’t keep my eyes open while trying to watch them. Lol

I thought she moved through it pretty good for a newbie. Nice overall lesson and covering a good amount of information. However for me I didn't see one thing that I learned from it and I would typically get something out of every video even if it just reminds me of a tool I forgot about. But I do think this video serves a good purpose for someone just getting to know the program.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Rosco2017 said:

Did it bug anyone else that when she didn't center the window she added to one of the bays? Or is that just my OCD running wild. It's all I could think about. Lol Overall very informative.

If you hung out long enough you will see how that window just gets mysteriously center as you go through the video. That's how good she is, she did it without having to touch it! lol

She seriously did an amazing job on that video. We should direct all newbies to that one.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

What is the point of creating a video and not releasing .plan files so newbies can follow the process.

Some include special walls, objects, and textures.

Might reveal the crazy workarounds they had to employ to get the model to work. :P

Just kidding but it does remind me of how someone once mentioned that the Chief videos never encounter any difficulties...

19 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Just kidding but it does remind me of how someone once mentioned that the Chief videos never encounter any difficulties...

Obviously not realistic.:) One thing I always liked about D Scott Hall's videos was the "process;" thanks, Scott.

• Upvote 1