Slow down

HDWhistler

Can anyone help me on this? I am using x11 and now that my model is 75% done, whenever I manipulate the roof in Perspective full overview my computer slows down and I cannot use the software for 15-20 mins while it spins its wheels....thanks for you help!

5 minutes ago, HDWhistler said:

I think the plan is posted as 9284 Stellars way

Not on this thread.....  the Plan needs to be closed in Chief to attach it to a post , if it is over 25 mb? you need to zip the .plan file to reduce it's size 1st.

you need to do you Forum Signature too , so we know what hardware you are using along with the version of CA Premier.

fill in your Signature like this .... go up to the top RH Corner above and click on your UserName> Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Version require different Answers.

M.

I still say you should try to open an earlier version of the plan. If you can't do anything with any other program as well, then you have a Windows or operating system problem. Depending on the file size, you should be able to post the plan or zip it and post it.

Huh? Funny. This happened to me on three separate plans over the past few days. I'm impatient, so I just Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the plan and reopen it. Eventually the plan cooperated. I did notice this only happened when working on roofs. I became fed up and just updated everything. It seemed to work okay after that. 

HI all,

Humblechief - nothing, told me they had heard many complaints with the roof operation, said I had to wait 2 weeks for their next update to the software? Told me to update my video card drivers........not helpful at all!

Rosco2017 - What did you update besides your video card drivers?

3 hours ago, HDWhistler said:

Rosco2017 - What did you update besides your video card drivers?

I was behind on some windows updates and a video card update. Are your file accessed from one computer or do you use something like OneDrive? I thought that could have been my problem, but after updating everything it seemed to work fine.