tinting glass?

Larry_Sweeney

Larry,

Click on the Adjust the Material Definition Button > With that loaded, click on the Material that you want to change > Under the General Tab you'll find the Color for the Material. You may have to experiment a bit. I find that a deeply shaded blue-green works well for me. HTH

Modify Texture Botton.PNG

• Like 1

Eric & Cheryl .................................Thanks for the quick responses. Eric, your answer was correct, but Cheryl's answer was a little clearer for me. I didn't realize (or at some point I forgot :)) that darkening the color would "tint" the glass. Thanks again and have a great day.

8 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Eric & Cheryl .................................Thanks for the quick responses. Eric, your answer was correct, but Cheryl's answer was a little clearer for me. I didn't realize (or at some point I forgot :)) that darkening the color would "tint" the glass. Thanks again and have a great day.

Chief's Library also comes with Green , Grey , Milk (white) ,Tempered ( green tinge ), and Laminated ( Bluish) ready made

Some manufacturers Like Marvin also have Glass under Options.

M.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Thank goodness for Chief Architect forum!  Another question you'll see attached an image with two garage doors, can I somehow configure it to have windows with each square on the doors?  Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-06-04 210431.png

Usually best to start new threads for new topics.   

The short answer is that it all depends on how the door symbol you are using was set up.  If the symbol has a separate material for the panel then from the frame, then you should be able to assign a glass material to it.  If you can't find one that works, you could always build your own.  Here is a training video that covers the basics:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01808/creating-a-custom-door.html

• Like 1