Floor Plan Views

SawyerCD

Hello to all of you Chief Architects users out there. As a new user coming from several different programs learning a new system is sometimes about as frustrating as emptying the ocean with an eyedropper. My question is this. I resonantly built all of the wall framing for one of my projects. Now when I go to my floor plan view I see every 2x4 in plan view. I don't want this as it shows up when I export it to layout and it's not very pretty for customers to look at. I've tried turning off different framing layers but with no success. How can I make the picture with the framing in the floor plan look like the picture with no framing?

Thank you in advance.  

Plan without Framing.jpg

Plan with Framing.png

Also...if you are using “plan views”...after you turn the layer off you should “save” the view. 

You can create a new view that just shows “wall framing”.  Just copy any plan view, then turn on/off the layers you do or don’t want to see...then save that view with a unique name...such as “Wall Framing Plan”

2 hours ago, SawyerCD said:

As a new user coming from several different programs learning a new system is sometimes about as frustrating as emptying the ocean with an eyedropper.

Good one! :) I feel your pain. I have used this software for many years and some days I am right where you are now.

One good tip I learned using plan views is to open your project browser--open plan views then select one or many then right click and open " open object" and right on top is floors, then change it to use any floor. this will not change your layout views and will keep them the way you have them set up in the layout.----now I never have that problem.

I have a question.  I went through the tutorial and created a site plan.  Drew the lot, but after going to the CAD tab and selecting "plan footprint" nothing was added.  I tried both floor 0 and floor 1 but again nothing showed up.  On the default set I see my house.  What do I have wrong?

Creating a Plan Footprint does so in a Cad detail window - not in your plan view.

When you created the Plan Footprint, a Cad Detail window should have opened with your Plan Footprint displayed.

To check, go to Cad...Cad Detail Management.

There should be an entry called Plan Footprint 1 which you can open.

Did you create at least 1 closed room and then the Plan Footprint before opening Cad Detail Management?

If so, can you go through the steps you used.

If you don't have a closed room, you should receive an error message.

Posting the plan might help.

Drawing the lot has nothing to do with the process.  

Okay I was able to create the plan footprint and then insert it into the plot plan.  Thank you!  Now I have a site plan that is crooked due to the coordinates I entered.  Is this normal? See attached picture...Also adding the North pointer orientation  really messed up my labeled coordinates if that makes sense.  It changed them according to which way the arrow was pointed.  I could not adjust arrow to get back to my angles I specified while drawing the plot.  

Capture.PNG