Unconnected Different Wall Type Ends

ARBDESIGN

Hi. I am in my first week of learning chief premier X6. I need help with connecting different wall types. I am trying to connect an external corner of a single brick wall to a brick veneer wall. I want the brickwork to continue around the corner as a joined corner but my screen looks like the cavity (air gap) continues through and makes it look like the external brick skins are not joined. I only want it to apply to one end of the wall as the other end is correct with brick veneer joining brick veneer. How do I fix this problem? Is it the "connect walls" tab or the "edit wall layer intersections" or something else. Thankyou

Walls connect by way of the wall's "Main Layer" so if your main layer radio button position is incorrectly set you will then get unwanted results as well as dimensioning errors. Make sure when creating custom wall types that this convention is properly set up in your wall types.

DJP

I "think" what David means when he says "Walls connect by way of the wall's "Main Layer" so if your main layer radio button position is incorrectly set" is that on the walls you are trying to connect you need the same amount to layers beyond the Main Layer to get the "proper" look/connection in plan and render views. If I'm wrong David, please chime in and correct me.

If I had to guess,  none of the responses answered the question.  I do not think the OP is a regular user,  but for the rest of the users,  I think he is referring to what is seen at a corner where a brick veneer wall meets a stucco veneer wall.

IOW,  how does one control whether the brick overlaps the stucco,  or whether the stucco overlaps the brick.

I believe there are several ways to control this.  One is whether one uses the THROUGH WALL AT START option.  I think that helps in a many instances.  However,  I did a vid on this,  and I think another option has to do with specifically designing walls types in such a way the the number of WALL LAYERS on the exterior face of the wall type are the same.  

I will say that again,  I think having an equal number of wall layers on the exterior face of exterior walls has some advantages.....  of course I could be wrong since I did not reverify this.

EDIT:  I just  verified this,  having an equal number of layers at the each exterior face of a wall IS VERY IMPORTANT when deciding whether the brick overlaps the stucco or whether the stucco overlaps the brick.

Scott....What you're saying is the same thing I said isn't it? You need to have the same number of wall layers beyond the main layer on the exterior side.

My apologies Larry,  that is exactly what I am saying......  you are correct.

But of course,  once you have the same number of layers,  what controls which layer overlaps the other?  It is the THROUGH WALL AT START.

Thanks Larry for helping me reinforce the point.

But of course,  once you have the same number of layers,  what controls which layer overlaps the other?  It is the THROUGH WALL AT START.

Yes, this is more correct, I think. Though if each wall has the same amount of layers pass the main layer you shouldn't have to use the "THROUGH WALL AT START". I guess it just depends on how different the wall types are and how you want the look at the corner. "THROUGH WALL AT START/or END" gives you that option.