crosscutter55

creating realistic mirrors

How about a screenshot and some more detail, like what type of view (vector, standard,etc.) is giving you the problem. Is it a mirror from the Chief library, or a custom object? What are the material settings you are using?

What version of Chief are you using?  Cause reflections are in last few versions in one way or another.

Reflections in mirrors is available in the Standard rendering technique. Check your general camera defaults to make sure they are enabled.

If it is not the Reflections Toggle , I would assume you are using the Old Chief Mirror Material , not the Newer one, which now gives true Reflections unless you try Reflecting a Mirror in a Mirror then it may grey out ? at least I don't think that changed in X10 but I haven't tried it.

M.

Another consideration - The mirror material only works on "flat" objects. You cannot, for example, use it on a cube or cabinet box.

10 minutes ago, KirkClemons said:

The mirror material only works on "flat" objects. You cannot, for example, use it on a cube

This is only partially true.  You can use it on 3D objects like this by converting your object to a solid (if it isn't already), exploding that solid into faces, and then blocking the faces while they're still selected in order to keep the object as a single entity.  Basically you would just be creating a block composed of a whole bunch of "flat" objects (faces).

• Like 1

Another option would be to get a JPEG pic of a mirror and apply it to the surface. You would not get any real reflections of your room but it would look more mirror like. Just like putting art into a picture frame.