DianeP

schedule lables and door and window lables

Recommended Posts

Working in CA x10.  Can you have both the schedule label for the window or door and its regular label display on the plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Eric.  Looks like you have to select each window or door to do this?  I went to the window default wrench and changed the label there, but it didn't change the drawing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Default Labels only apply to new Doors and Windows.  To change the existing Labels, you can use "Match Properties"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes to window defaults apply to windows placed after the change.

 

You can group select all windows and make the change one time (floor by floor).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried putting in a  new window after changing the defaults as described above and  it didn't change in the drawing to show both labels.  Also, tried selecting an existing window and changing it as you mentioned. It also, didn't change in my drawing.  Thanks!

window label.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane,

It won't work if you are using the Window Callout for the Label.  That's specified in the Schedule and it over-rides any text Label.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do this fairly easily in the Window Schedule and it will apply to all windows in the plan.

 

 

New Image_38.jpg

New Image_11.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok

Image one is how to get what you asked Schedule and automatic label, as Eric said

Image two is mine with macro and font modified help from Joe and Michael

Image three is how my plans look with a schedule.

If no schedule then it will only show everything with out callout. (No "D06" or "W03" in image)

Must uncheck use callout under schedule for this to work....

 

Note I have egress as last label line. It shows only if egress is checked in that window. 

 

Edited last image as it was a custom mulled unit. sorry now shows standard door and window

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image4.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe, you were on the money, need to turn off the automatic callouts then the rest that Eric and you had me trying to do would probably work.  Glen yours worked fine for me and was a quick fix (which is all I had time for right now.).  Marc, I liked the fancy labeling you had.  Will try to get a template set up that has these features in the future.   Thanks for being such big helpers!  You guys are outstanding and much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Glen yours worked fine for me and was a quick fix (which is all I had time for right now.)

My problem with that solution is that in the USA it labels a 60"w x 40"t window 5034.  That would be OK if the inches (0 & 4) were in superscript - but they aren't.  This brings up the possibility that a 50" x 34" in window might be ordered instead of a 5'0" x 3'4" window..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But when there isn't a schedule used, this is the format of the label.  Would be nice to have superscript available in a custom label default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

My problem with that solution is that in the USA it labels a 60"w x 40"t window 5034.  That would be OK if the inches (0 & 4) were in superscript - but they aren't.  This brings up the possibility that a 50" x 34" in window might be ordered instead of a 5'0" x 3'4" window..  

That has happened and why I use the macros and modified font to do the superscript, with the modified fount it is nice to solve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

My problem with that solution is that in the USA it labels a 60"w x 40"t window 5034.  That would be OK if the inches were in superscript - but they aren't.  This brings up the possibility that a 50" x 34" in window might be ordered instead.  

 

 

I've seen that issue as well 3ft windows get framed 30" 4ft , windows 40" etc.....  so I use a modified System like Glen showed, it won't change existing windows as noted ( new windows will ) but if setup in your Template it does..... the Label will ignore the Width and Height in the Schedule if it is in the Windows Default Properties already.

 

*note.... the Schedule Number does not show until you place a Schedule in Plan. And it will double line the Schedule if you Format the Default Label like Mine, (below) which some may not like.

 

this is in X9.....but Works in X10 too , in X10 I didn't need to add the " for Inches it does it for you.

 

18.thumb.JPG.e5e4384f2a92f9c21eb4d21ddb57bebb.JPG16.thumb.JPG.3cc0fb03480316aa60abe55c0b8b8b9d.JPG17.thumb.JPG.eae207669c620a5ddc6d05a95b3139d2.JPG19.thumb.JPG.a4c0e5179055616cc16f5d9d210e9367.JPG

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OkcDesigner said:

That has happened and why I use the macros and modified font to do the superscript, with the modified fount it is nice to solve that.

How dd you modify the font for superscript? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

 

I've seen that issue as well 3ft windows get framed 30" 4ft , windows 40" etc.....  so I use a modified System like Glen showed, it won't change existing windows as noted ( new windows will ) but if setup in your Template it does..... the Label will ignore the Width and Height in the Schedule if it is in the Windows Default Properties already.

 

*note.... the Schedule Number does not show until you place a Schedule in Plan. And it will double line the Schedule if you Format the Default Label like Mine, (below) which some may not like.

 

this is in X9.....but Works in X10 too , in X10 I didn't need to add the " for Inches it does it for you.

 

18.thumb.JPG.e5e4384f2a92f9c21eb4d21ddb57bebb.JPG16.thumb.JPG.3cc0fb03480316aa60abe55c0b8b8b9d.JPG17.thumb.JPG.eae207669c620a5ddc6d05a95b3139d2.JPG19.thumb.JPG.a4c0e5179055616cc16f5d9d210e9367.JPG

 

 

 

 

Great idea.  I have trouble finding room around the windows for their labels after I use auto dimension.  I have to go back and move some of the labels so that they can be seen.  Does this ever cause you trouble?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your Default Offset for the Label -12 like in the Picture?

 

You can Format the Default Label , differently too , I just like the Schedule No# above the rest but you could also put the %type_Name% on it's own line too , you may need to increase the default Offset depending on how you Format the Default Label.

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DianeP said:

How dd you modify the font for superscript? Thanks!

 

@Alaskan_Son          maybe using Michael's Superscript Option?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DianeP said:

How dd you modify the font for superscript? Thanks!

I paid Michael to modify the font I use for my main font, then paid him to get the macro the way I wanted it. Just plain window size and type like auto label.

1.75 hours covered the above. (Alasken_Son)

 

Joe helped me with the macro to get window height the way I wanted it. (x'-x")

 

The font allows for custom label like this window 

 

Image1.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27475
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530
    Joined