WARNING

gregtvillage

If I use the All On Set , Walls, Main Layer Only  is turned on but so is Walls, Normal.....  I do not lose the siding unless I deselect Walls, Normal. So what am I doing different or not doing?  did I Check Walls, Normal at some point?  is that usually Off ?

M.

2.JPG

16 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

If I use the All On Set , Walls, Main Layer Only  is turned on but so is Walls, Normal.....  I do not lose the siding unless I deselect Walls, Normal. So what am I doing different or not doing?  did I Check Walls, Normal at some point?  is that usually Off ?

M.

2.JPG

I think we're talking about 2 different things here: 

PLAN VIEW:  Walls, Normal layer controls the display of the wall and all its framing.  If that layer is not on, the wall will not show...at all.  If that layer is on AND Walls, Main Layer Only is on, then just the main layers will display.  If Walls, Layers is also on, then you will also see the various layer breaks (if you have multiple main layers); otherwise you will just see the wall outline. 

3D VIEWS:  None of those special layers have any affect.  They are for Plan View display only.  Turning Off Walls, Normal just turns the wall display off completely.  If you happen to have wall framing that will still show as it is being controlled by the framing layers. 

4 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

It's all in the settings. This program has a labyrinth of settings and sorting them all out, knowing how they interact, is quite the puzzle.

Ain't that the truth.... how they all interact and in what Order is a growing problem with each new version.

M

When you select the "All On" set, one of those layers is named "Main Layer Only" which by default turns off the layers except the "Main Layer", duh! So as an end user I am aware of this and act accordingly. The software is merely a mechanical aid construct, it is you who must provide the judgment and intelligence from moment to moment.

DJP

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think we're talking about 2 different things here: 

PLAN VIEW:  Walls, Normal layer controls the display of the wall and all its framing.  If that layer is not on, the wall will not show...at all.  If that layer is on AND Walls, Main Layer Only is on, then just the main layers will display.  If Walls, Layers is also on, then you will also see the various layer breaks (if you have multiple main layers); otherwise you will just see the wall outline. 

3D VIEWS:  None of those special layers have any affect.  They are for Plan View display only.  Turning Off Walls, Normal just turns the wall display off completely.  If you happen to have wall framing that will still show as it is being controlled by the framing layers. 

6 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

When you select the "All On" set, one of those layers is named "Main Layer Only" which by default turns off the layers except the "Main Layer", duh! So as an end user I am aware of this and act accordingly. The software is merely a mechanical aid construct, it is you who must provide the judgment and intelligence from moment to moment.

DJP

Yes but only in Plan View as Michael explained above , I thought the OP was talking about a 3D view from his previous Thread on Brick layers missing, when I posted.