Window Casing Line Weight In Vector View

Gawdzira

I am trying to get my windows to "pop" in elevations sent to Layout. I have was hopeful that the Exterior Casing layer would actually affect the line weight of the window casing in the vector views but it appears to not do that. In the attached image I have the Exterior Casing layer line weight set to 222. If I turn off the Exterior Casing layer the window casing goes away so there is a direct link.

post-170-0-08963800-1405276860_thumb.png

I made a post in the suggestions forum regarding this a while back.  It seems there are a few other items that other users noted are not working as would be expected either.

I don't recall any response from Chief at the time.  I agree, this would be nice to have working.

Maybe we just need to provide a little more squeaking, or maybe Chief should at least acknowledge this and let us know that it will be addressed.

I believe this is related to something that I've asked for several times.

I would like to be able to have the sub-items in CAD Blocks display at their original line weights, line-styles & colors - independent from the CAD Block settings (optional of course for those who like it the way it is but as a default or preference setting).  I suspect that the problem with getting casings to display at different line weights is a similar problem in that Doors & Windows seem to act like (and maybe are) CAD Blocks.

IAE, the idea is as follows:

Depending on a Default or Preference setting (Default could even over-ride Preference) the display of CAD Blocks would either be at the CAD Block Layerset values or at their individual Layerset values.

I agree, some of the line weights just aren't working in some views.

I think all line   weights are working.  I am not sure  what you think is not working.  But I do believe the way it is set up so that   anything associated with a window will be the line wt. per the layer it is on.  I think CA has a hard time distinguishing the line weight for the sash of the window vs the divided lights or the frame.  

Wish it were different,  but the layer the window is on is the line wt that all parts of that window will use.

for one, Take a wall elevation of a Cabnet and try to change the countertop to 100, it just doesn't do it.

Got it,  what you are saying is the countertop takes on the line weight of the base cab in lieu of the line weight of the countertop.   Good call.

Got it,  what you are saying is the countertop takes on the line weight of the base cab in lieu of the line weight of the countertop.   Good call.

There are others, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I know I turned this one in a long time ago.

Just in case anyone is not aware of this:

Check "By Object" to retain all the line display properties you used when creating the CAD block.

Check "By Block Layer" to have all the linework in the CAD block displayed per the layer display properties the CAD block is assigned to. 

post-120-0-00399700-1405365657_thumb.png

Just in case anyone is not aware of this:

Check "By Object" to retain all the line display properties you used when creating the CAD block.

Check "By Block Layer" to have all the linework in the CAD block displayed per the layer display properties the CAD block is assigned to. 

Jim,

You are right about this for Color, Line Weight & Line Style.  The biggest problem I have with the way this works is that the Display is controlled totally by the CAD Block Layer.  If that Layer is displayed then the entire Block is displayed but if it's not then no part of the Block is displayed.  I would like to selectively display various object layers within the CAD Block.