Change whole house elevation

verticalworks

You may want to explain a little more of what you are trying to accomplish but it sounds like you may run into more problems than just the elevation of the buildings.  Depending on what your hardware specifications are and the size of each individual plan file.  You may want to consider starting a 6th plan file for all five structures to be inserted into as symbols so you have a manageable file size and individual control of the elevations.

I would really like to see the plan after the other houses are added and see what's involved.

I think making symbols of each house is a daft idea and would only do that as a VERY last resort - no, on second thought, I would probably never do it.

You shouldn't have too much trouble with 4 or 5 dwellings.

Without seeing anything, the easiest way may be to the terrain height (using Subfloor Height Above Terrain) instead of dropping the buildings.

6 hours ago, glennw said:

I would really like to see the plan after the other houses are added and see what's involved.

I think making symbols of each house is a daft idea and would only do that as a VERY last resort - no, on second thought, I would probably never do it.

You shouldn't have too much trouble with 4 or 5 dwellings.

Without seeing anything, the easiest way may be to the terrain height (using Subfloor Height Above Terrain) instead of dropping the buildings.

I almost always agree with Glenn.  However,  in this case,  I might might consider using the symbol method for each house.

If I have a site and I have a house with a detached garage and maybe a detached studio building,  I would build it in one plan.

However,  If I have separate houses ,  I think I would keep each house in it's own plan file,  create a symbol for each house,  and then put them in a NEW PLAN FILE that is strictly used for maybe a site plan and renderings.

The reason I  would go to the symbol method for multiple houses is because,  often times the houses are not all parallel to each other and the distance between houses might change during the design process as well as the elevations of each house pad and yada yada yada.

I do not like to use the symbol method,  but in some cases it is the best solution.

26 minutes ago, dshall said:

The reason I  would go to the symbol method for multiple houses is because,  often times the houses are not all parallel to each other and the distance between houses might change during the design process as well as the elevations of each house pad and yada yada yada.

Hey Scott, I would rather do the above than use symbols for multiple buildings.

Handling the above situations is usually no big deal with all the tools we now have available.

But, in the end......whatever floats your boat.

Five structures in the same plan file would make for a pretty slow moving program.  The file size would be enormous.  The logistics would be a nightmare.  What if one house made a change and you called the whole plan file a "revised version".  The other 4 were not revised.  It would be really confusing.

not being a Chief master I don't understand

how I would build or re-build framing for one without affecting all 5

same for roofs and terrain and anything else that allows for auto building

simply beyond my skill level to attempt that

Lew