Problem With Plot Plan, Survey Data Incorrect?

rwdozier

I have done only a few plot plans but I am having difficulty getting this one to close with the given data. I have tried several methods, reviewed training tutorials and forum postings. I am beginning to think the survey data is incorrect. Any ideas on what I may be doing incorrectly? Please see lot 40 in green on the plat. Thank you.

Copy of FINAL GH 7_01.pdf

post-1684-0-71950900-1402878571_thumb.jpg

I realize that rules vary from area to area as well as state to state. Here in Houston, we could never submit this for a legal survey for construction. The surveys we have to submit will only have the property and part of the surrounding properties (not the whole subdivision). It also has to have a stamp by the surveying company and because we're in Houston and surrounding counties, it has to say whether or not you're in the 500yr. flood zone. In Midland, that might not be an issue there. At least 75% of the time, the surveys are wrong that we receive from the builder or owner. We're doing a remodel right now where we have to get the homeowner to get a new survey because the survey provided to us is flat wrong. The owners are aware of it and getting one. Bottom line, not all surveys are correct and this is not unusual (at least here).

I have no idea if this is the issue that you posted about but I notice that the two tract map surveys you posted are the same exact size but (I think) Chief is showing the lines going in different directions.

Perhaps that is why the azimuth readings are not matching up?

Andy.

I really appreciate all of your input. I am still on X5 and XP, not upgrading my PC and CA to X6 later this year. I can' read Robert's plot.plan. Andy, I don't see your version in your profile - by chance are you still using X5?

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

I am doing a remodel that is 3 hours away. I made one trip there to measure exising house. Is there someway to caculate the correct angle of the front of the house what with a smart phone app., The wallw  is giong in 2 diections. It is on an island. They have no survey, but want to reuse the foundatoin. 

Windows 7

CA x7

Newell Cheatheam

www.newellsdesigns.com 

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

The solid square is a 5' x 5' transformer easement. See the Legend on the side.

Drafting is nothing more than a game of connect the dots. You just need to locate your own dots. I see four dots with absolute data you can use to locate. I would draw the 113.54' line, then the 54.51' line then the 12.36' line. Now you have four end points or four dots located. The final dot is the one on the back corner of Riverside Drive. Now the final line is the chord for the PL (100.42') along side Riverside Drive and you're fortunate to have the Curve Table that gives you the Chord Distance and Bearing for that line. Now you have your final dot. Draw the side PL line as a curve with a radius of 950'. Draw in the rear PL with a curve of 1,170.00' radius and you have it.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squezzy!

On the other hand, I have found the Surveyors/Engineers plans incorrect.

I've done a Parade of Homes House in Midland for the past 3 years although this year I might not. I have been swamped for the past year and don't know if I can get to it.

Good luck.

JK

http://www.houzz.com/projects/757396/stevens-construction-midland-texas-parade-of-homes