dbardell

NEED CONVERSION TO DWG

I am looking for someone with the Chief Architect Premier program to convert my Chief Architect Essentials plans to a DWG format.  In AZ plans must be summited to the city by a licensed architect and I do not want to pay an architect to redraw all of my work.  I found an architect that will work with me if I can get my plans converted to a DWG format.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS CONVERSION?

Thank youpost-13105-0-57895700-1469628843_thumb.jpg

Del Bardell

928-350-8297

dabardell@gmail.com

Uploading the plan file is your first step.

Many thanks to everyone for your help.  Have resolved this conversion.

Special thanks to Ben for his help.

Del

and the answer was????? I find it odd that one replies privately to a public forum whose purpose is to help this community.

There was no "answer". The OP needed someone to do the conversion for them. In other words, I think it was really a request for service and not an actual question.

and the answer was????? I find it odd that one replies privately to a public forum whose purpose is to help this community.

There are some folks that do not like to share.  I do not understand it either.

I learned from a client of mine who was alway willing to share his knowledge with his competitors.  He believed by sharing,  he would be rewarded in spades.  A valuable lesson he taught me.  I have found this to be true.  

There are some folks that do not like to share. I do not understand it either.

I learned from a client of mine who was alway willing to share his knowledge with his competitors. He believed by sharing, he would be rewarded in spades. A valuable lesson he taught me. I have found this to be true.

Sometimes it has less to do with sharing knowledge and more to do with "sharing" boatloads of time and hard work. Half the work you do as a deagner is nothing more than "sharing" your knowledge, expertise, and advice. Do you provide all that free of charge and only bill for your actual drawing time?

I contacted Del offline since he was a fellow Arizonan and wanted to share some information specific to Arizona in addition to helping him with his file. 'out of the kindness of my heart'. :D   Didn't see it necessary for that conversation happening publicly on the forum.

Now I have helped with a couple others on this forum over the years and you run across those who you know want to take advantage of the situation and I quickly cut them off or discuss pricing.  But generally I'm pretty willing to help out (if it isn't a direct competitor  :P

I was willing to spend 30 minutes or so "helping" out

then I might consider their needs and my need to request a fee

it's a balancing act

Lew

I designed our new home on chief architect essentials and the did not want to pay an architect to redraw everything i had already done.  by ben converted to dwg (only available in the premier program) my architect was able to import my design into his program.  thanks again  ben.

del