lbuttery
Members-
Posts
3717 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by lbuttery
-
Kbird: never knew those settings were there... Lew
-
you would think that Chief would have a chimney tool they have been around for "thousands of years" and common to construction the tool could also have settings for common styles with flare on left or right or both etc I've been suggesting this for almost a decade guess CA's not listening Lew
-
Tommy: are you sure about it not doing it in X5 ??? this has been a problem eveer since I started with ver 9.5 (maybe ver 10 ?) I keep it turned off now because of the jumping and haven't tried it in years Lew
-
Tommy: Scott's video shows this also (post #109) What was requested back then was for CA to add a setting to show the contours in relation to sea level also setting on = sea level contours setting off = house relative contours Lew
-
Mike: I doubt if it is a setting in Chief I doubt if it is a full HD since it won't save to flash drive either not really sure what the issue is you can try CA's tech support for guidance but you may need to consult a PC tech shop ??? we can make all kinds of guesses here but ??? Lew
-
Joe: I'll guess ... change the origin as needed Lew
-
Gerry: just a refresher about this thread - eleven pages worth from 2012 http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?57635-The-dsh-Terrain-Building-Test&highlight=elevation+pad CA still hasn't made the suggested changes Doug did post various attempts to explain "pad elevation" etc not sure he succeeded see Scott's video in post #109 in the old thread good summary of what works and what is needed Lew
-
Export Whether Or Not Other 3D Format And Difference Of Fellow Porducts
lbuttery replied to pisubann's topic in General Q & A
Check the feature comparison chart on the HD website I don't think any of the HD products can export .3ds etc only .DXF - maybe .DWG contact CA's customer service for a comparison chart between PRO and Chief Premier I think there is one but I don't know where also Premier has multiple versions, Lite, Interiors, Premier Full check CA's website for the price differences Lew -
why the version restriction It might be more of a file format change every release CA has re-vamped the library it would be nice if CA created a conversion utility but they also want users to upgrade and stay current this is one reason why they offer the SSA option so unless a 3rd party programmer is willing to create a conversion utility those with older versions are SOL Lew
- 31 replies
-
- Kitchen Aid
- Jen Air
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Logo Is Not Found When Template Is Opened On Second Computer
lbuttery replied to SusanC's topic in General Q & A
CA will make that a default setting to save the image in the plan Alan: yep, been asking for this for almost a decade CA's attitude is that this is a ridiculous suggestion we can only hope.... Lew -
Gary: I guess that doesn't work in the new forum it did in the old ??? I guess the moderator has to delete them ??? Lew
-
to delete a thread, just delete the original post Lew
-
Gary: double posting delete one of the threads Lew
-
Logo Is Not Found When Template Is Opened On Second Computer
lbuttery replied to SusanC's topic in General Q & A
Scott: ya beat me to it Lew -
Logo Is Not Found When Template Is Opened On Second Computer
lbuttery replied to SusanC's topic in General Q & A
the file path is probably different amongst the PC's if that can't be rectified select the logo in the PC it can be found and open the dbx and set "save in plan" Lew -
Subdivision Rendering - Cropped Exterior Surfaces
lbuttery replied to Tony_Sterba's topic in General Q & A
As for turning off the terrain, the terrain is turned on Ok, so turn off the terrain layer so you can see what might be hidden by it if the pond is there you may need to raise its height ??? Lew- 11 replies
-
- Subdivision
- cropped surfaces
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Subdivision Rendering - Cropped Exterior Surfaces
lbuttery replied to Tony_Sterba's topic in General Q & A
Tony: perhaps the pond is under the terrain ??? turn off the terrain layer to see what is there you may need to post the plan using Dropbox or other cloud service If you meant 65 MB then that is not too large for this much detail Lew- 11 replies
-
- Subdivision
- cropped surfaces
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Adding Additional Insulation Layer(S) To Roof Assembly
lbuttery replied to Boxon1's topic in General Q & A
Problem is that use of materials is really inaccurate this way Yep, all these work-arounds can lead to a very in-accurate ML Lew -
You could have done either of these in the time you have spent here Ahhh.... yep, better to be frustrated than to make suggestions Lew
-
Looking for pre-drawn plans ranging from 1800-2600 Sq Ft
lbuttery replied to vpmllc's topic in Seeking Services
Perry: maybe not a current poster but long time member Lew -
look at "structured member reporting" feature Lew
-
Perry: thought that's what you meant I usually have the Chief achive system turned off as I do my own "save as" I suppose this might help control versions if one is going to save directly to Dropbox type apps I understand that some like going straight to the cloud but I will continue to avoid doing so Lew
-
Tommy: I agree - they don't need to upgrade but they also can't expect "everything" to work as tho they did when you stay behind - you are behind Lew
- 18 replies
-
- canopy hood
- wall hood
- (and 8 more)
-
but when I want to embarrass him Chief Architect materials these leave oversized, very large. Huh ??? I suspect English is not your first language ... Please clarify Lew
-
Richard: good to know I always have file locking on Lew
