Elevations to Layout

DenisonDrywall

When i send an elevation view that is rendered with all materials it shows up red in the layout.  How do i get my rendered elevation to the layout without being red?

When i send a line drawing of the elevation to the layout, the stone doesn't show up but the siding does? Why is this?  

when looking at the line drawing of the elevation in the plan file, why don't all of the lines show up to make changes to them?

Thanks.

Take a look at the material color and pattern line colors (which you can see in full color) but sent to layout any pattern lines that are natively "white" will not show up in a black and white environment.

The only way I know of to send fully colored elevation views to layout is as a bit map image. Bit map images are not easily annotated or dimensioned, so I just use black and white (vector view) instances to layout.

Why your elevations arrive to layout red, I have no idea (I have never seen this happen in my 20 years of use of Chief Premier), so I am at a loss of words to comment otherwise (perhaps your video card and or its drivers are not up to snuff).

DJP

@Dennison, show us some pictures of what you are referring to. Without pictures it is a lot of guessing. One guess is that what you are seeing for stone is a texture not a pattern. Only patterns will go to Layout in Vector view. Are you sending Vector views or Images?

I started this project as a 'cad to walls' and it made spaces between the floors. I can't figure that out either.

(My roof is messed up so ignore that.)

But you can see on layout page 4 how the image is red. It was in (standard view) when i sent it to layout.

page 2 and 3 have the the line drawing. I used the auto elevation tool and then sent the drawing that it created to the layout (vector view). The center sections are EIFS above with stone below on the front elevation and EIFS on the rear elevation

Thanks

The red view is more than likely due to a video driver issue.

I haven't seen or heard of that particular issue before. My best advice is to make sure your video card drivers are up to date. Check with the video card vendor or if it is a laptop check with the laptop manufacturer for newer drivers. You will not get the latest drivers from Microsoft.