DOOR DBX REVISIONS

raltd9245

I would like to know how many people would like to see an option for the interior and exterior of a door to be the same. for instance I have very few interior doors with different materials "in and out". I find this to be a PITA, not sure if anyone agrees with me. This appears to be an early decision by ART that has never been looked at for improvement. I seem to one of one who finds these things very frustrating. I'm looking forward to hearing from other people on this subject. Along with this it would be great to have HM jambs as an option, I do use them in some of my custom contemporary homes. And all our Small Commercial T.I. projects.  

With interior doors, you just check interior and both are the same. If you want different sides with interior just go to the first page of the DBX and

check different interior and exterior. Interior doors now have an exterior side also. Just uncheck it on the first page and they will both be the same

post-113-0-04519100-1398538318_thumb.png

post-113-0-06091300-1398538336_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

HM DOOR.pdf

I would like to know how many people would like to see an option for the interior and exterior of a door to be the same. for instance I have very few interior doors with different materials "in and out". I find this to be a PITA, not sure if anyone agrees with me. This appears to be an early decision by ART that has never been looked at for improvement. I seem to one of one who finds these things very frustrating. I'm looking forward to hearing from other people on this subject. Along with this it would be great to have HM jambs as an option, I do use them in some of my custom contemporary homes. And all our Small Commercial T.I. projects.  

I would love to be able to this automatically.

With interior doors, you just check interior and both are the same. If you want different sides with interior just go to the first page of the DBX and

check different interior and exterior. Interior doors now have an exterior side also. Just uncheck it on the first page and they will both be the same

P,

When you open the Door Defaults from X6 an interior door has a different material on each side I don't have the box checked for different casings on each side. ??????

I must be missing something. The majority of the doors I use are flush. When I open the DBX I can't seem to find a check box to make both sides of the door the same material. I would love to have someone show me the error of my ways.

Ron,

Here is the option.

Thanks Bill, I just figured out the problem. I was using a template plan from X5. Once again Chief does not always cover updates when a plan is brought from an earlier version. It seem the only way to prevent this is to set up a template plan for each version. I personally find this to be a PITA. I don't know about anyone else. And then there is the Library update problem. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.