Trying to do a full back-up: no go.

AndyGump

Hey all, are others experiencing difficulty in using the back up entire plan/layout  to folder option?

I create a brand new folder and try to back up the entire Layout file with plans files attached and Chief is not allowing this.

It says that the directory has files in it and it will not back back up to a folder with files in it.

All very nice but I just created the GD folder and know for a fact that there are NO files sin it.

Very GD frustrating.

Andy.

HI Perry, true that.

What is very strange is that I create a folder on the desk top and then I can save the layout file and all in that folder but not in some other places such as SugarSync and DropBox.

Perhaps I jumped the gun and blamed Chief too quickly and erroneously. It could be a Windows " you need to be a High and Exalted Grand Poohba Administrator" for your system to do this kind of thing.

Andy.

Andy

You my want to check the permmisions on your  account

Control Panel/User accounts

Open your user account to see what rights your account has

If you have Admininstrator rights - you should not be seeing this problem

If not, then it can be changed easily enough

Andy

You my want to check the permmisions on your  account

Control Panel/User accounts

Open your user account to see what rights your account has

If you have Admininstrator rights - you should not be seeing this problem

If not, then it can be changed easily enough

This has been something that has dogged me from the beginning with Windows. I know that I have established Administrator Rights from the time that I install the new OS but Windows does not recognize this all the time. It intermittently tells me I must "contact the Administrator" for the computer to do something when I know full well that I have established this from the get-go.

Andy.

Hi Randy, thank you sir.

I have done this and rest assured I do have Administrator rights on for me.

This has always been one of "those" things in Windows that has plagued me since XP really. The program (Windows) not letting me do as I need to do, saying I have to be an Administrator and I am THE Administrator.

This has not happened to you before?

Andy.

Yes, it has

Certain tasks I make sure I right click and check Run as as Aministrator - even though I am

Tis a pain, but I always check Run as Administrator when I am using system tools  like regedit or cmd prompt before I open it

Even with cmd prompt - I have to make sure to get an elevated state to use

Found out somewhere down the line it was simply easier than being denied after I tried to effect a change to the OS

I still don't know if that popup is program specific or some flaw in the OS

On the other hanbd . it could be folder/file specific

Right click on the folder/properites/security and see what the permissions are

Anyway - was worth a shot

Best of luck - no doubt you will get it straighten out

Let us know when you did and what you did

R

My guess is that when you create a folder in DropBox or SugarSync, there is a system or hidden file being created.

In Folder Options, do you have "Show Hidden Files, folders and Drives" toggled on?

Or even try toggling off "Hide Protected operating system files" if the above doesn't reveal any files.

My guess is that when you create a folder in DropBox or SugarSync, there is a system or hidden file being created.

In Folder Options, do you have "Show Hidden Files, folders and Drives" toggled on?

Or even try toggling off "Hide Protected operating system files" if the above doesn't reveal any files.

Ooh, that is a fine thought.

I will check that out.

Andy.