Round home

kjvman1

There is a wall type for curved walls.

Is this something you have to do or want to do? If you are a newbie and this is your first project, you might want to start with a rectangular house?

If you are doing the round house I have found that drawing the curved wall is easier if you first draw a curved line and the wall will try to follow the curve.

Perry's tip is the key.  You can't draw a round house with one wall.  You need to use at least two.

Why exactly is that? Why can't you draw a round room with

the "Curved Wall" tool without resorting to what amounts to

a work around? Is this where we are supposed to chime in

and ask for a "Round Wall" tool with a dbx where you could

control things like diameter and axes of reflection?

Why exactly is that? Why can't you draw a round room with

the "Curved Wall" tool without resorting to what amounts to

a work around? Is this where we are supposed to chime in

and ask for a "Round Wall" tool with a dbx where you could

control things like diameter and axes of reflection?

Yeah...what he said!

• 2 weeks later...

something like the Polygon shaped room dbx ?

I'm trying X5 with 1000 sides at 1/16" but the clock is spinning ....

that didn't work, lots of excess lines all over the place

trying 1000 sides with radius to side of 5' - nothing happening ?

Lew

ok, I tried 100 sides with radius to side of 5'

Chief is having issues with the final connection area

I suspect that if CA worked on this tool somewhat

they might be able to get a circle

I'm trying 360 sides now ....

Lew

post-83-0-25582300-1398177903_thumb.jpg

i believe the curved wall tool will only allow 180 degrees, but a quick copy and mirror and you will be converting a Silo into a home in no time

You can go beyond 180deg, you just need 2  walls to have a full circle.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    organiccrack
    Newest Member
    organiccrack

• By Primergy1207
      Hey

Anybody that has a tamplate to share for a traditional norwegian home?

Best regards Ole Dehlin
    • By SNestor
      Is there anything I can do to either reduce or eliminate the lines the column moldings are producing in vector view?  I did convert the curve to a polyline...and divided the circle into very small parts...but it doesn't seem to help.  

Any ideas would by great.  Thanks.

Here's a couple pics...a sample plan is attached also. (Column Molding in Vector View.plan)

• By crmorse
      Hi all,

Short time lurker, first time poster here.  I've searched these forums for help on belvederes, cupolas, and turrets and haven't found anything that helped me yet. (or I just failed to understand them--quite possible)

I'm trying to create a round belvedere/cupola over my first floor and haven't had much luck.  I've tried curved walls to create a round room as "Open Below" in the top floor or the attic and a few other things but all have met with various disasters. Mostly either holes in the roof with no roofing over it, walls popping through the roof at random spots, or just completely upchucking the automatic roof system entirely.

Here's an example of what I mean by a round belvedere, see pic #8 on the left side of the entry way.  You could also think of it as a turret with windows.
      http://hendricksarchitect.com/portfolio/idaho-mountain-style-home/

Since my real plan file is a hot piping mess right now here's a super simple rectangular full gable box that illustrates my problem.

Note: I've watched nearly all of Chief's videos on walls and roofs and such but beyond that, I have very little knowledge or experience with this tool. I've been playing with the tinker toys up till now (think paper box "Home Design 3D" software you find in the bargin bin).

Thanks in advance!
      Belvedere TEst.plan
    • By DevinJ
      I am a layperson needing a model of my house built for Chief Architect SUITE.  I just want to use SUITE to tinker with interior design for personal use (not for permitting, etc), however, the tools to actually build a model are over my head.  So, I guess I'm looking for an idea of what is needed for this project, cost, etc.  Thanks!
    • By DMDesigns
      Hey Guys,

ChiefTutor.com Update - We added a few new symbols to our collection, & some new training videos. So feel free to pop over and enjoy the free goodies that await you. Merry Christmas

ChiefTutor.com  -  http://www.chieftutor.net/symbols-page-3.html

Enjoy - 
      Dave