Foundation Troubles

Rosco2017

As usual I've screwed something up and can't figure out how to get my garage to look the way I need it to. I could go on and on and spit out some gibberish as to what I want done but that would only confuse rather than help. So I'm going to post a few pictures of what I'm trying to achieve and pray someone has the time to do a video for me or some other way of explaining it to me in a way I can understand it. So here it goes. 

post-58-0-86889500-1397168897_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-09400700-1397168909_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-47993800-1397168924_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-58615300-1397168940_thumb.jpg

Lenox.plan

Well this is what I have so far. (See attached pic) I can't get my the stem wall height of my garage to match the main house. I also can't get the garage walls to match the pictures, That probably makes no since. Have you looked at the plan and the pictures? 

post-58-0-86056300-1397171177_thumb.jpg

So what my problem was, was that I wasn't paying attention/understanding the dialogue boxes in the room specification box under the structures tab. Nor was I very familiar with footings and foundation walls. I opened a blank plan and googled information on footings and putzed around with it until I got EXACTLY what I was looking for. I took a lot of notes and looked over the plans that Perry sent me and then I had my "Viola" moment! Perry you were right! Here is what the finished product looks like. I feel extremely accomplished! LOL David Potter once siad "If you don't understand a sentence it's probably because you don't understand a word in the sentence." I think the same thing applies here. I didn't understand where to input the number's i needed, I looked up information on how it should be done, and then put the pieces together. You guys are amazing at what you do. Thank you for all your time and efforts!

post-58-0-85150000-1397178838_thumb.jpg

It all about the top of curb and floor heights

Fixed for you

Good job.  To match the OP's photo's, try using Pony walls on floor one, in the garage, with an "Elevation to lower wall top" =  -14 1/2", Change the lower wall to Block.

I'm I right?

His whole foundation is block, and looks to be parged on its outside.  I would make the wall as two layers, the main layer the 7-5/8" thick block, the outer layer about 1/4" thick, in a stucco texture.  The block layer is main, and its material is block.  The inside of the garage will look just like the photo.

post-55-0-74155700-1397186046_thumb.png

post-55-0-68789800-1397186058_thumb.png

Good job.  To match the OP's photo's, try using Pony walls on floor one, in the garage, with an "Elevation to lower wall top" =  -14 1/2", Change the lower wall to Block.

I'm I right?

If you use a pony wall on the 1st floor then you won't have a dedicated foundation plan. It is better to put the foundation on the foundation level.

If you use a pony wall on the 1st floor then you won't have a dedicated foundation plan. It is better to put the foundation on the foundation level.

Good point.

The mason would be happier if the difference in height of the footers was 16" to work with block.  Block have a finished height of 8".

Curb height is controlled by the top of curb box, put it wherever you want, it looks a little high to me. Change the wall type to get block

Perry, I'm curious, what is a Curb Box and Curb Height you mentioned.  In our area those terms are used by the water company for street shut offs.

Thanks Gene, practice makes perfect. Greg, I'm not sure pony walls would work in that situation, but lucky I figured it out without having to do a work-around. Gene, great idea about the stucco. I would have posted sooner but the internet connection I pay $150.00 a month for only works about 1/4 the time and the cable company who provides my service has been to my house at least 4 times this month alone.... and it's only the 11th. They say nothing is wrong with the main line, they replaced all the lines on my house, and all of my equipment. Nothing seems to work. But hey what are you gonna do?

Hey, Ross.  Where in Ft Wayne would you get a connection like that?  We lived there for almost fifteen years, out at the suburban limits, next place out, Grabill, horses and buggies only.  But things in town seemed up to date then.

Glad you are coming along with Chief.  The whole rooms thing is a study in itself, innit?  Then there are walls.  And materials.  And you are just getting started.

Gene I live off of Auburn Rd near Dupont. Rd. That area has boomed in the past 5 years. I've been with Chief Architect for many years, But recently went from HD Pro to Chief right about the time X5 rolled out. I'm 25 years old and do this as a hobby. More of a home enthusiast than anything.  I can't bring myself to design my own home and it's driving me NUTS! Lol. My significant other is no help when it comes to the designing our dream home either. All I get is "Just tell me what checks to sign and don't bother me with the details" LOL Gene where do you live now? Why did you move form Fort Wayne? DO you know of any other Chiefers that live in Fort Wayne?