CA Cloud Based

gelbuilding

I use OneDrive and I have all my CA files synced with my Work PC, Home PC, Laptop and a Mac at church.  I sometimes don't know where I need to work from, so with all of them synced, I have my files all the time at any of those locations.  I have CA installed on each computer and just deactivate/activate the license via the website.

I haven't attempted CA on a cloud, but I am with Lew on this...I don't think it would be a good idea.

The "Cloud" is mostly a marketing term in that the data follows you around or can be shared with anyone in the world.  Autodesk has "Cloud" based applications, but these are just web apps that work with data from a network accessible through the internet.

I dont know of any architectural/professional software that is wholly run from the maker's own network.  There are obviously enterprise/networked versions, but that involves owning or leasing your own mainframe etc.

As the other two people who commented mentioned, you can have your data in a "cloud" and that can be beneficial.

I am currently using Google docs, I have syncing software that detects new or changes to the file and saves them after i modify or create plan/layout files. It works well. keeps everything is the same wherever i go. Just deactivate licences and activate on the new machine