Is anyone else having an issue with exterior lintels not extending? When i stipulate a 5" wide lintel extended 1" it shows correctly in the preview but no extension occurs on the model. The width setting for lintels works but the lintel will not extend beyond the vertical casing. Never had this issue before. Thanks in advance.

I use exterior lintels all the time. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll help you online. When we do Victorian style houses, most of the lintels have crown above with wider (taller) casing above and the crown has to have a return.

When I get my laptop out, I'll check this out using the default lintel profile. Maybe there's a bug. I usually use a custom lintel profile.

Works fine. No problems extending lintel.

When I say it works, I mean that it works for 3D views. Plan view doesn't show lintels...only casing. The program has never shown lintels in plan view. It does show sills if they are changed in plan views.

Check your casing depth, as that determines the lintel depth--especially if you're recessing the opening,

jon

I'm having the same problem. It works fine for doors but not windows. Just like DesignBuild I never had this issue before. Very frustrating!! It seems to be some odd combination of setting and its not a recessed window issue. Come on CA can't we get these bugs fixed!

...Just like DesignBuild I never had this issue before...

,:-/ For some reason I'm having a hard time believing that : )

I assume we are all talking about the latest version of X8 which seems to work fine for me if I am understanding this correctly. You may want to check an old plan or a new test plan to see if the problem is plan specific.  If not please report to tech support but it seems that there is something in your plan that is fouling things up.

post-4797-0-89774300-1477200352_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-56098000-1477200439_thumb.jpg

As said above...make sure you don't have the windows recessed. When recessed the extension will run behind the veneer and not able to be seen.

As noted by several people already, most of the time this problem is because the lintel thickness is thinner then the sheathing layer and you have a recessed window.  Currently, the program does not know how to cut the sheathing out for the lintel extensions.  You can usually solve this problem by making your window not recessed, you lintel thicker, or your sheathing thinner.