What's the fastest way to re-align all the wall heights?

zowie123

Hey all,

I'm not sure how they get off to begin with--sometimes I wonk them manually, and sometimes it's a roof plane impeding, but wall heights invariably get off track.  

I really don't know a fast way to get them all back to proposed plate height once they're off.  

Neither:

Default settings, regenerating using F12, or match properties seems to reset them once they're off.

I'm sure someone out there has an obvious answer to this... would you please be so kind to share...  Interior and exterior...

Cherio,

Barry

Barry,

Open the Wall Specification dbx...Structure panel...Default Wall Heights.

Check Default Wall Top Height and/or Default Wall Bottom Height.

They will be greyed out if the wall is already at the default height.

To continue on Glenn's post, they are controlled in the Main by Default Settings - Floor, then individual Room Specification Dialogs but IF you manually adjust any wall poly-lines they stay manually edited until, as Glenn said, you order them to return to whatever the "Default" has been set to. Saying that software does stuff all on its own is just another way to say "I do not know what I am doing or why-I have no personal responsibility for my actions, so the software is to blame". Learn the software and then live happily ever after.

DJP

David,

I don't believe that Barry ever said (or even implied)

Saying that software does stuff all on its own

I don't think he was blaming the software.

To me, he seemed to be taking responsibility for the wall heights being "off".

Wow , that's my learning Nugget for today , thanks Kirk  , I should of checked the Manual , I thought that Button Reset ALL my defaults , in the Button above , back to OOB settings , so was too afraid to click on it :)

perhaps you could mention a name change for that Button to the Dev. team....Thx.

post-315-0-99606700-1435358516_thumb.jpg